15 Widget - Dashboard Limit?

Hello,

When trying to create a dashboard with more than 15 widgets (graphs) the 16th is added to the top of the 1st (top left widget) instead creating a new row.

Is there a hard limit on the number of widgets that can be added to a dashboard? Can this be changed?

I have tested with a combination of widgets and different browsers but encounter the same problem every time.

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t think this is a limit as such and possibly the way we use gridster. You’re free to create an issue on github to request us to look at this but I’m not sure how much attention it will get if I’m honest.

Thanks for the follow up. I may do that just in case others are interested. I understand if it doesn’t get addressed as it is more of an aesthetic issue. Thanks again.

I’ll check if we see similar in v2 of the webui as we use a different grid system there.

I checked v2 and we don’t have that limit / issue there. We use a different tile library for v2 which whilst is possible to port across to v1 is most likely not going to happen.

We are running into this 15 widget issue with our dashboards. We have 3 dashboard which requires having 25-40 interface graphs.

CentOS 6.6
4vCPU
3GB RAM

==========================================================

Component Version
LibreNMS fdb0656c17d19ca4ce0d7b0b0c2bd305f9f63001
DB Schema 168
PHP 5.3.3
MySQL 5.1.73
RRDTool 1.3.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.5

==========================================================

I don’t expect this to change I’m afraid unless someone steps up to try and either fix it or port the dashboard to another tile/widget system

We are running into this. What I am trying to do is have a dashboard that has all the frame utilization of Access points. I can add the graphs, but at 15 I am done.

I think this is still the limit,

You could explore some alternatives:

• creating multiple dashboards
  • create a device group for your access points, click into the group, at the top of the page see if you can select the graph you want in the drop down menu.
  • aggregating New User - Question about "Update URL"

Yes, this is a limit of the underlying JS library we use AFAIK. (and I don’t know much about it)

is this gonna change?

LibreNMS uses Gridster JS you could try asking on there
#https://github.com/ducksboard/gridster.js/issues/454

I tried to play with max_rows in the tiles.php but no luck.

Maybe this?
#https://github.com/ducksboard/gridster.js/issues/592#issuecomment-332104638

1 Like

thanks!

I went in the gridster min js file and changed the max_row from 15 to 50 and now I am able to add more than 15 widgets lol. not sure if this can be counted as a fix.

1 Like