Active directory user email

Hi,

i have set up ad authentication and it works great but i have problem with email addresses. I can’t put it manually for ad users and libre doesn’t seem to grab them from Ad.

So the question is, what did i do wrong :wink:

Regards,
Dawid

Did you enter a bind user for ad?

yes,

this is my ad config

$config[‘auth_ad_url’] = “ldaps://192.168.0.10”;
$config[‘auth_ad_domain’] = "domain ";
$config[‘auth_ad_base_dn’] = “DC=AAA,DC=XX,DC=ad,DC=interna,DC=com”;
$config[‘auth_ad_check_certificates’] = false; // require a valid ssl certificate
$config[‘auth_ad_binduser’] = ‘binduser’;
$config[‘auth_ad_bindpassword’] = ‘bindpass’;
$config[‘auth_ad_debug’] = true; // enable for verbose debug messages
$config[‘active_directory’][‘users_purge’] = 1; // purge users who haven’t logged in for 30 days.
$config[‘auth_ad_require_groupmembership’] = true; // require users to be members of a group listed below
$config[‘auth_ad_groups’][‘AdminGroup’][‘level’] = 10;
$config[‘auth_ad_groups’][‘Usergroup’][‘level’] = 7;

Test email was working for admin mysql account. Admin Group users at the beggining didn’t have email entered in AD, but i fixed that after a few days usage and change purge_user to one day so it would remove old ones without an email and add them again but it didn’t help ( the manual says about changing ‘authlog_purge’, but i was not able to add that parameter, because it crashed libre)

Regards,
Dawid

If LibreNMS doesn’t work after editing config.php that means you made a typo in config.php.
./validate.php will help you find the typo.

Hi murrant,

should librenms get email address from ad in configuration posted above? Currently everything is working fine, except for sending emails for users from ad.

Or do i need to put int in some config file?

Regards,
Dawid

Remember that the only way you can send emails to users is the “send notifications to admins”.

Otherwise, you need to specify email addresses as the sysContact. Either directly on the device in snmp, or as an override inside LibreNMS.