Adding New HW

Hi,

Not a usage issue, rather pulling my hair out trying to add appropriate code to detect dd-wrt and openwrt. Is there any documentation on the discovery and polling process, and what files to update / add? And it seems that the distro app / function has pretty much gone away … right? Again, just trying to wrap my head around it (as I’m close, but the detected OS keeps changing on me).

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

No, it still uses the distro script with snmp extend.

OK, thanks! I didn’t see distro in the docs any more (or perhaps I missed it).

I am having “fun” with dd-wrt, as it seems the custom OID that is used with distro is not working (exec being deprecated, moving to extend). Hmmm - is the custom OID captured anywhere? It does mean a particular (special) snmp command (adding in the OID), correct?

And is there any info capturing the discovery and polling process?

Thanks again.

BTW, I think part of my issue is that dd-wrt seems to have removed / reduced exec support => cannot seem to get the distro info at OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.7890.1. Rather, I have to use extend, and the result is then at OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.1.3.2.3.1.1 => is there a way to have LibreNMS look at this “new” OID instead?

Thanks!

I think it should already if you name the extend “distro”

Starting to make more sense, getting it all working - thanks! One thing … where are the needed / possible variables defined or captured? For example … $version, $hardware, etc.

Thanks again.

To what I just found here, https://docs.librenms.org/Support/SNMP-Configuration-Examples/

Is the intention to use the OID mappings as on that page (and copied below)?

#Distro Detection
extend .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.7890.1 distro /usr/bin/distro

#Hardware Detection (uncomment to enable)
#extend .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.7890.2 hardware '/bin/cat /sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/product_name'
#extend .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.7890.3 manufacturer '/bin/cat /sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/sys_vendor'
#extend .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.7890.4 serial '/bin/cat /sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/product_serial'

Thanks!