A major effort to improve alerting is under way and we need your help testing to make sure there are no issues. We consider alerting to be a critical part of the code, so we want as much testing as possible.
Go here to test and provide feedback:
The first update is an improvement in the rule definitions. We now use
jQuery QueryBuilder to create alerts.
We have also merged the alert device/group mapping into the rule creation/editing dialog.
For an overview of alerting changes planned and to participate in the discussion, go here:
07:32PM - 09 Mar 18 UTC
01:52PM - 08 Jan 19 UTC
We are currently going through doing an overhaul on various aspects
… of the alerting system. This includes:
- [x] The rule builder (#8293)
- [x] Update the device / group mapping for alert rules (#8293)
- [x] Update the templating system to use something more solid (#8803)
- [x] Provide the ability to map specific transports to alert rules + provide custom configuration to those transports per alert rule (i.e multiple email addresses for mail transport). (#8660)
- [x] Allow transports to be configured multiple times / multiple 'destinations' (#8660)
- [ ] Attach / embed graphs
- [x] Ability to not send recovery emails (#8430)
- [x] Record the user who acknowledged an alert + message (#8433)
- [x] Add support for grouping rules based on MySQL AVG, MIN, MAX, etc (#9094)
- [ ] Track faults individually (for example each port or bgp session)
If you like the above but have nothing to add, simply use the 👍 against this post. Do not reply with comments.
If you would like to have additional functionality / changes done during this time please reply with the answers to these questions:
1. What do you require to be added or changed?
2. Will this benefit other users?
3. Would you class this as a nice to have or a requirement for an alerting system.
4. Are you willing to be involved in helping test? If so, please do not commit to this unless you have the time to spare. We will be looking for feedback within days of writing code and cannot wait weeks for responses.
Anything comments not appropriate to this or that don't provide the correct info will be deleted.