Can't Add Device - Says Ping Issue But Can Ping From LibreNMS server

I can’t add anymore devices right now because I keep receiving the error “Could not ping 10.x.x.x”. Even when I click force add, it won’t add the device.

I can ping the device from librenms server and from the device I can ping the librenms server.

Plus, a device that wouldn’t add yesterday, auto-added because I had updated the SNMP string to match what librenms looks for.

Manual adding doesn’t work though and it used to.

please validate your install.

run ./validate.php

and pastebin the output.

====================================

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.33-184-gd00cb22
DB Schema 217
PHP 7.0.20
MySQL 5.5.52-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2
====================================

[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct
[FAIL] The poller (servername) has not completed within the last 5 minutes, check the cron job

If it was just via the Webui I’d say you’re hitting an SELinux issue (check our updated install docs for Centos for how to resolve this). But as you’ve said on the cli it doesn’t work then this really can only be the wrong snmp details being used or a firewall blocking access. If you’ve got any special chars in your password, escape them when adding via the cli.

How do I add a device via the CLI?

https://docs.librenms.org/#Support/Adding-a-Device/

Ok, I did the steps related to SELinux here: https://docs.librenms.org/#Installation/Installation-CentOS-7-Apache/#configure-apache

Now I can add by GUI again. However, my validate.php say cron is still failing. (It didn’t use to!) I will open up another thread about that though. Thanks everyone!!

Most likely validate wasn’t working they it should due SELinux. So you never knew it wasn’t working :slight_smile:

I got the same “could not ping” error and running ./validate.php results in an error:

[root@librenms ~]# ./validate.php
-bash: ./validate.php: No such file or directory

Something wrong with my install ?

Change the directory you are in to opt/librenms

cd opt/librenms

then run ./validate.php

Duh…my bad. BTW I followed the new updated Selinux setup and it fixed my “cant ping” problem. THX! :rofl::smiley::rofl:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Device being marked down

A post was split to a new topic: Cant ping device