Centralising Alerts from multiple sites

Hi All,

We have LibreNMS running in silo across several sites to provide local teams visibility of their infrastructure. However, one area I feel we are limited in, is our central support team have visibility of our sites infrastructure.

Is there any way to centralise dashboards from multiple sites via a server on a remote site that is only contactable over the internet, no VPN or WAN connection in place?

Or, if this isn’t possible, is there a way we can send issue alerts externally to populate a single central dashboard?

We do send alerts to Teams channels but this can become noisy when devices are up/down in due to power failures etc…

Thanks
W

I currently have the opposite, but share a similar need. Some random thoughts/ideas …

I have a central server polling various sites remotely over lossy/latent links, works for the most part, but haven’t yet pushed to install local instances - when I do, I’m then the same as @Wayne_Kilner

For the alerting, after a lot of tuning and notification work we send critical things to Slack (teams just can’t keep up on mobile), but there is a lot of flapping noise and related non-notified alerts if you were to watch the UI all day.

I also have a disturbingly large number of weathermaps we leverage that I’d want to centralise if I pushed servers out to site - they are for a mix of audiences, local site people, and central operations. I could generate and ship them around via various methods and display centrally I suppose, but it would likely be done separate to any central LibreNMS instance dashboard/UI.

I’ve used Uptime Kuma at various sites to provide a local basic status dashboard with 10,30,60 etc. second ping or API polling update for site people to stare at - it can also notify in a large number of ways out of the box, relay to webhooks etc. worth a look.

In a former role with better connected sites, I’ve used a centralised graylog server to accept logs from devices, and the LibreNMS system logs themselves to parse out events/alerts and tune/escalate etc. The catch scaling this now is my log shipping from remote sites would be unreliable and drop events, so they would need to be handled locally if upstream site comms are down. Locally, any form of non-visual UI alert (email, chat etc.) would need upstream comms to work anyway - so the best we get is the site looks down from a central perspective, and site can keep rolling with the UI/dashboard etc.

Some of my alert musings from a while ago are here: BPDU Spanning Tree alerts - #2 by rhinoau

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.