Create alert for Juniper device state

I’m trying to create some alerts for some Juniper devices, but don’t know what entry to pick on the dropdown (specifically the Yellow / Red alerts). LibreNMS is graphing their state correctly, so I know the data is there. I search for “state” in the dropdown, and get a list such as “applications.app_state”, “bgpPeers.bgpPeerState”, etc. I just don’t know how to correlate the Red / Yellow state on the device with an alert rule.

It would be nice if when viewing a particular chart or data, if there were a “Create Alert” button which would auto-fill in a rule for the data being viewed.

Are you seeing the red/yellow alert graphs under ‘Health’ for a device?

I am, so the data is being gathered. Someone on a discord server shared this with me, which I think is the answer I’m looking for:

You should be able to find the relevant information from the DB if you query it and use this to build your alert rule. For example you can look for a specific device, check it’s attached sensors and use info from the sensors to build an alert rule: Then if you type sensors. in the search bar for the alert rule operator, you’ll see the sensor_type listed as an entry from which you can build an alert on Have a look at all columns under sensors if there’s a useful column for you to alert on.

I can’t post any more pictures, since I’m too new of a user on this forum… :confused:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.