Dell S5840cdn MIB Issue

First, great product, I love it. Now to the issue.

Summary: When adding a couple new Dell printers via SNMP they’re identified and connected properly, but showing up as Servers instead of Printers. I’ve manually changed them to printers, but none of the important information is pulled in (toner, mainly).

Question: Is there anything I need to do in order to create/map the MIBs in LibreNMS or is that something you guys update? It seems like functionality for most printers is baked into the application. We currently have numerous working printers.

Troubleshooting: I went ahead and ran ./poller.php -h HOSTNAME -d -r -f -m os and the results are in the following link at pastebin, Pastebin Poller Output

Let me know if there’s anything I need to do/can do as I’m a little green adding custom MIBs/etc.

Thanks in advance!

Luke

Adding the MIB by itself will nothing you will need to add the code to support what you are trying to monitor.

Check here -> https://docs.librenms.org/#Developing/Support-New-OS/

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Kevin. Do you know if there’s an example I could look at other than the documentation? I guess I’m trying to find the current configuration for a Dell printer that does work so I can use it as reference in adding the necessary code.

Thanks again!

toner is a standard mib, most printers support it.
it is in includes/discovery/toner.inc.php includes/poller/toner.inc.php

1 Like

Thanks for the direction, I’ll start digging into this!