Device dependencies - performance issues

We are experiencing issues with device dependencies. We enabled fast ping which seems to be working just fine. After doing so, we started adding device dependencies.

It seems that for locations with a low amount of devices the dependencies work great (i.e. just 1 mail if the parent goes doen). However, for larger locations (50+ devices), we are getting emails for all devices going down.

We noticed that the “recalculating_device_dependencies” job is running for more than 24 hours and starts new jobs as well:

We tried looking for a loop but have not been able to find one. It seems that the problem with the device dependencies causes issue for the poller as well (which usually takes +/- 300 seconds for close to 600 devices). Every now and then we see that it takes LibreNMS 2000 seconds or even more for the same amount of devices.

Please find the validate.php result below:


Component Version
LibreNMS 23.1.0-14-g653da5a3f (2023-01-29T21:54:00+01:00)
DB Schema 2022_09_03_091314_update_ports_adsl_table_with_defaults (248)
PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.10
Python 3.10.6
Database MariaDB 10.6.11-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
RRDTool 1.7.2
SNMP 5.9.1

[OK] Composer Version: 2.5.1
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database Schema is current
[OK] SQL Server meets minimum requirements
[OK] lower_case_table_names is enabled
[OK] MySQL engine is optimal
[OK] Database schema correct
[OK] MySQl and PHP time match
[OK] Active pollers found
[OK] Dispatcher Service not detected
[OK] Locks are functional
[OK] Python poller wrapper is polling
[OK] Redis is unavailable
[OK] rrd_dir is writable
[OK] rrdtool version ok

Thank you!

You have a dependency loop, Ie some devices depends on each other.

Thank you for your feedback! I looked into this before but was not able to find any.
I will go over the dependencies once more and update this topic asap.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.