Error port device

Is it safe in a production environment?

Drop a whole table seems (to me) a risky action to lose some parts …

yes, in my case i did a snapshop before the procedure and i had no problems.

tnx. fixed my installation after upgrade to 10.5.

1 Like

I dropped the tables like JhonathanDDF suggested and then get the below errors with ./lnms migrate:

MariaDB [librenms]> SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.000 sec)
MariaDB [librenms]> drop table port_group_port;
ERROR 1051 (42S02): Unknown table ‘librenms.port_group_port’
MariaDB [librenms]> drop table port_groups;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.004 sec)
MariaDB [librenms]> SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.000 sec)
MariaDB [librenms]> quit
Bye
bash-4.2$ pwd
/opt/librenms
bash-4.2$ ./lnms migrate

• Application In Production!     *

Do you really wish to run this command? (yes/no) [no]:

yes

Migrating: 2020_12_14_091314_create_port_groups_table
Migrated: 2020_12_14_091314_create_port_groups_table (65.06ms)
Migrating: 2021_02_09_122930_migrate_to_utf8mb4

In Connection.php line 678:

SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1292 Incorrect datetime value: ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ for column librenms.entityState.entStateLastChanged at row 243229 (SQL: ALTER TABLE entityState CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf
8mb4_unicode_ci;)

In Exception.php line 18:

SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1292 Incorrect datetime value: ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ for column librenms.entityState.entStateLastChanged at row 243229

In PDOConnection.php line 53:

SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1292 Incorrect datetime value: ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’ for column librenms.entityState.entStateLastChanged at row 243229

bash-4.2$

did you update mariadb before?

It’s a lookup table, I’ve never used the feature and don’t know when it was introduced.

Have you used this section Under Port → Manage Groups?

You can define groups there, and then assign them to ports when editing a device:

From there they are used when constructing custom graphs I think, a bit like custom version of Transit/Peering/Customer etc. port groups.

1 Like

And a migration script will recreate it just after so at the end of the migration process, you should end up with those tables anyway. If not, ./validate.php will tell you.

1 Like

For me, ./lnms migrate was unable to recreate the two tables after dropping them. For anyone running into the same, here are the table schemas to quickly recreate them.

port_groups:

CREATE TABLE `port_groups` (
  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `name` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
  `desc` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `port_groups_name_unique` (`name`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci;

port_group_port:

CREATE TABLE `port_group_port` (
  `port_group_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `port_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`port_group_id`,`port_id`),
  KEY `port_group_port_port_group_id_index` (`port_group_id`),
  KEY `port_group_port_port_id_index` (`port_id`),
  CONSTRAINT `port_group_port_port_group_id_foreign` FOREIGN KEY (`port_group_id`) REFERENCES `port_groups` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE,
  CONSTRAINT `port_group_port_port_id_foreign` FOREIGN KEY (`port_id`) REFERENCES `ports` (`port_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE

Run ./lnms migrate again, and it should complete.

*Edited to make sure backticks show

7 Likes

What is the context for recreating these schemas? I am incredibly lost when it comes to db functions. I am still having the problem with ./lnms migrate, and getting the error about port groups as you are showing here.

I appreciate you sharing the commands, I literally have just a hair over zero experience with the sql stuff and it freaks me out (and I dont think I am alone in that). I figured out that I had to use the mysql tool. So for others out there maybe in the same boat as me- I ran the command mysql -u librenms -p librenms then I added everything that @tigerdjohnson had as above and when i completed those steps I was able to run ./lnms migrate and everything is back to happy land. The missing piece for me what where do the commands go and or is there a file that needs to have this added to, it is a real feeling of being lost and alone. I appreciate everyone’s transparency in sharing. Hopefully my last two cents here will help someone with the same amount of mysql experience as me. :smiley:

Hi Guys,

Same problem here of course. But it seems that I can’t fix it.
Database upgraded and ./lnms migrate has been ran:

Component Version
LibreNMS 21.3.0-98-g3a29198
DB Schema 2021_02_09_122930_migrate_to_utf8mb4 (207)
PHP 7.3.27
Python 3.6.8
MySQL 10.5.9-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2
====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 2.0.12
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[FAIL] Your database is out of date!
[FIX]:
./lnms migrate

I have used tested the SQL commands from JhonathanDDF but they fail and the following ./lnms migrate also fails:

Any idea how to fix this?

Best regards,
Johan

Hi Johan,

I had the same, the problem is pretty much what you see - the port_group_port table is not there for the lnms script to alter.

My fix was (Thanks to tigerdjohnson):

1. Login to mysql
    libreuser@libreserver:~$ mysql -p

2. After entering your password select the librenms database
    MariaDB [(none)]> use librenms;

3. At this prompt
    MariaDB [librenms]>

Paste the port_group_port table creation schema as per tigerdjohnson’s reply above

CREATE TABLE port_group_port (
port_group_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
port_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (port_group_id,port_id),
KEY port_group_port_port_group_id_index (port_group_id),
KEY port_group_port_port_id_index (port_id),
CONSTRAINT port_group_port_port_group_id_foreign FOREIGN KEY (port_group_id) REFERENCES port_groups (id) ON DELETE CASCADE,
CONSTRAINT port_group_port_port_id_foreign FOREIGN KEY (port_id) REFERENCES ports (port_id) ON DELETE CASCADE

1. Quit mysql and run ./lnms migrate again.

All the best,
Mark

1 Like

Thanks Mark!

I run into problems when running tigerdjohansons commands. We seem to miss the port_group table and get error when trying to create it. Any idea?

Database changed
MariaDB [librenms]> CREATE TABLE port_groups (
-> id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
-> name varchar(255) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
-> desc varchar(255) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
-> PRIMARY KEY (id),
-> UNIQUE KEY port_groups_name_unique (name)
-> ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘desc varchar(255) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id),
…’ at line 4

(edit: We started with mariaDB 5.6 (?) and I upgraded it to 10.5.9-MariaDB)

No worries Johan :slight_smile: ,

Someone correct me if I’m wrong here but I think Mysql thinks ‘desc’ in line 4 is the “sort descending” attribute used in the ORDER BY command and not a simple table field title that we want.

I didnt have this issue because in my case, after I dropped the port_groups and port_group_port tables the first run of ./lmns migrate created the port_groups table, so I only needed to run the port_group_port table schema.

Do you know for sure if you’re port_groups table hasn’t already been created? The mysql command show tables; will list it or you can check if it exists (and its fields) with the describe port_groups; command.

This is where I’d get stuck too. :thinking:

D’oh, I didn’t notice the backticks got removed in my original post. @jmandersson try surrounding ‘desc’ with backticks like so:

`desc`

I’ll update my original post to fix that.

1 Like

Thank you, @Mark_O and @tigerdjohnson, we are now up and running again.

Thank you. This fixed the issue I was having. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.