Fping6 failure

Hi Guys,

.validate.php fails with the following error, I tried different workarounds mentioned in different docs, nothing helps

[FAIL] fping6 could not be executed. fping6 must have CAP_NET_RAW capability (getcap) or suid. Selinux exlusions may be required.
(::1 error while sending ping: Network is unreachable ::1 error while sending ping: Network is unreachable ::1 error while sending ping: Network is unreachable ::1 error while sending ping: Network is unreachable ::1 is unreachable)
[FAIL] fping6 should have CAP_NET_RAW!
[FIX] setcap cap_net_raw+ep /usr/sbin/fping6

Have you run the command suggested by [FIX] as root?

Does your server have IPv6 disabled? It seems so…

Yep, I run the following command in the root mode
setcap cap_net_raw+ep /usr/sbin/fping6

This didn’t fix it, how do I check if IPv6 is disabled?

This what I’ve set on network config

HWADDR=00:50:56:bd:e6:52
NAME=eno16780032
GATEWAY=x.x.x.x
DNS1=xxxx
DNS2=xxxx
DOMAIN=pan.local
DEVICE=eno16780032
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=static
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
IPADDR=xxxxx
PEERDNS=no
IPV6INIT=yes
IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes
IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes

If your LibreNMS install is inside an lxc container (docker, lxd, etc) you might have to set the caps on the host filesystem, not on the guest.

See: Errors on ./validate.php for fping

Mine did the same thing on a brand new CentOS7 install. I set SELinux to permissive and then it worked. As a test I was doing a second site and had the same issue.

Im following the CentOS7 setup guide on a CentOS7 minimal install. Once i do the SELinux command the validate works

I think /etc/sysconfig/selinux is where you change it and then reboot

if that works you can probably go back and troubleshoot further but at least you know what the issue is.