Gaps in Data/Gaphs

I had something like this a few weeks ago. Tracked it down to a concurrent connection limit in my Firewall. When this as fix, the graphs were fine again

The code is always changing and we are always adding more metrics. If your install is teetering on the edge of having issues then an update can push it over.

Well, it’s the downloaded default VirtualBox Unbuntu VM…

That has nothing to do with it.

So I rolled back to the previous version, “6ff3ae8 - Thu Jan 12 2017 21:47:13 GMT-0800” (I’ve turned off the auto updates) and as you can see the data gaps have gone away. I changed nothing else on my network, the only difference is the update in to LibreNMS itself.

What version were you on?

Have you checked your poller graphs to show total poll times for the devices and which modules? Post these graphs

I was on version: “e90875b - Tue Jan 31 2017 00:09:56 GMT-0800”

Here are graphs from two of the devices:

Try setting $config['geoloc']['latlng'] = false; in config.php

2 Likes

That seems to have done it. Here’s graphs from the “e90875b - Tue Jan 31 2017 00:09:56 GMT-0800” version, gaps have gone away. You can see in the beginning of the charts when I edited the config file.

Do you mind explaining what was going on and how that geoloc fixed it?

So with that option enabled we do a lookup to the google api to translate addresses to geo coords. I’m guessing your install has no external access or at least has an issue connecting to the google api.

We have a pr in the queue which adds timeouts to these calls so it would be less impactful for the future.

There should be no reason why my install can’t reach the Google API. What are the IP address(s) LibreNMS is trying to reach?

Only thing i can think of is that I force Google Safe Search at the router. Or that Snort/Squid/Squidguard is blocking it for some reason.

Can you provide the IP address(s)?

Thanks, this worked for me too.

Where do you find those modules in CLI? I went to /opt/librenms/config.php and there are no modules in there to disable.

I had false values in some sensors (power supply on Odroid HC2) and up/down status since about a week (no LibreNMS update though) and that fixed it. Maybe Google changed something in their API?

Anyway, I’d never have guessed this was a geoloc issue… Thanks.

I have the same issue, but it is only in one trunk between a FW and an agregator.
I have a lot of another devices but this problem is only here.

Your probably running into this problem since its zeroing out >100G

thanks a lot for the answer, this was the problem.

Cheers

1 Like

I made the correction but does not work, maybe this solution is only for ports and not for trunks ??

It should work for your trunk interface.

Does LibreNMS detect your trunk interface @ 100 Gbps, or higher? if its 100 Gbps then you need to Edit Device -> Port Settings , change to a higher speed and then re-run the rrd-tune script.

see more here https://docs.librenms.org/Extensions/RRDTune/