High Availability devices, only one device can be added

Sorry for late reply.

Upgrading php its distro based, so cant help you much on that.

What I did in my centos 7 was to add a repo that had >php7.3 then upgrade that package

@TheGreatDoc No problem, thanks for getting back to me. I’m not a linux expert, I’m not sure how to do what you did. Is it possible to backup my config, rebuild the VM using an up to date version of linux and then import my settings? I’d like to keep my data/history and sensors.

Thanks.

@dt-lib what distro are you running?

And yes, you can backup all your data and change server https://docs.librenms.org/Support/FAQ/#how-do-i-move-my-librenms-install-to-another-server

NAME=“Ubuntu”
VERSION=“18.04.3 LTS (Bionic Beaver)”
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME=“Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS”
VERSION_ID=“18.04”
HOME_URL=“https://www.ubuntu.com/
SUPPORT_URL=“https://help.ubuntu.com/
BUG_REPORT_URL=“https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/
PRIVACY_POLICY_URL=“https://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/privacy-policy
VERSION_CODENAME=bionic
UBUNTU_CODENAME=bionic

@TheGreatDoc

i haven’t ran apt-get update and apt-get upgrade in a while, will that update php to the latest version?

EDIT- I don’t see PHP in the list

The following packages will be upgraded:
bcache-tools cloud-init cryptsetup cryptsetup-bin dmeventd dmidecode dmsetup grub-common grub-pc grub-pc-bin grub2-common
initramfs-tools initramfs-tools-bin initramfs-tools-core iproute2 kmod landscape-common libc-bin libc-dev-bin libc6 libc6-dev
libcryptsetup12 libdevmapper-event1.02.1 libdevmapper1.02.1 libdjvulibre-text libdjvulibre21 libdrm-common libdrm2 libgnutls30
libkmod2 liblvm2app2.2 liblvm2cmd2.02 libnss-systemd libpam-modules libpam-modules-bin libpam-runtime libpam-systemd libpam0g
libpcap0.8 libsystemd0 libudev1 libxau6 linux-firmware locales lvm2 lxcfs mdadm multiarch-support nplan open-iscsi open-vm-tools
python3-distupgrade python3-update-manager snapd sosreport sudo systemd systemd-sysv ubuntu-minimal ubuntu-release-upgrader-core
ubuntu-standard udev unattended-upgrades update-manager-core
64 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 121 MB of archives.
After this operation, 9,523 kB of additional disk space will be used.

I did not upgrade.

@TheGreatDoc

What about upgrading my current install to 20.04.1 LTS? I see this when I login.

69 packages can be updated.
0 updates are security updates.

New release ‘20.04.1 LTS’ available.
Run ‘do-release-upgrade’ to upgrade to it.

@TheGreatDoc

Thanks for providing that link. I was hoping for some type of export option, but it appears to be a bit more complicated (for me) than that.

I never had good experiences doing a release-upgrade.

Check this: https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to-install-php-on-ubuntu/ to install php 7.4 in ubuntu 18

@dt-lib
release-upgrade worked well for 6 servers here, but was always done in a virtual machine environnement with a snapshot taken before, and ready in case a rollback is needed.

Ensure that the server is perfectly upgraded in its current release, run “apt autoremove” before, and ensure that you have more than enough disk space to run the upgrade. That should be safe.

@PipoCanaja @TheGreatDoc
I tried the upgrade to 20.04 and it completed, but when I try to launch the librenms web page, I get this:

<?php /** * Laravel - A PHP Framework For Web Artisans * * @author Taylor Otwell */ /* |-------------------------------------------------------------------------- | Register The Auto Loader |-------------------------------------------------------------------------- | | Composer provides a convenient, automatically generated class loader for | our application. We just need to utilize it! We'll simply require it | into the script here so that we don't have to worry about manual | loading any of our classes later on. It feels great to relax. | */ require __DIR__ . '/../bootstrap/autoload.php'; /* |-------------------------------------------------------------------------- | Turn On The Lights |-------------------------------------------------------------------------- | | We need to illuminate PHP development, so let us turn on the lights. | This bootstraps the framework and gets it ready for use, then it | will load up this application so that we can run it and send | the responses back to the browser and delight our users. | */ $app = require_once __DIR__ . '/../bootstrap/app.php'; /* |-------------------------------------------------------------------------- | Run The Application |-------------------------------------------------------------------------- | | Once we have the application, we can handle the incoming request | through the kernel, and send the associated response back to | the client's browser allowing them to enjoy the creative | and wonderful application we have prepared for them. | */ $kernel = $app->make(Illuminate\Contracts\Http\Kernel::class); $response = $kernel->handle( $request = Illuminate\Http\Request::capture() ); $response->send(); $kernel->terminate($request, $response); I'm not sure what is needed to get this working, if I don't hear anything back within a day or so, I'll revert the snapshot back to before the upgrade attempt. Thanks.

Make sure php is installed and enabled

@TheGreatDoc

admin1@librenms1 : ~ $ php -v
PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.7 (cli) (built: Oct 7 2020 15:24:25) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.7, Copyright © 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies
admin1@librenms1 : ~ $

thats php-cli, and you also want the apach2/fpm one

@TheGreatDoc

I’m not sure what I need to do from here.

Im not running LibreNMS in Ubuntu, but try sudo apt install php libapache2-mod-php

Thanks, that got me to this when I tried launching librenms

Missing PHP extensions. Please install and enable them on your LibreNMS server.
mysqlnd

@TheGreatDoc
I ran this, sudo apt-get install -y php- mysqlnd and now I see this

Missing PHP extensions. Please install and enable them on your LibreNMS server.

mbstring
curl
xml
gd

I guess this is similar to the mysqlnd, I’ll see how to get those installed.

edit- I’m getting too many mixed results when searching for how to install curl, xml, gd and mbstring. It seems that something is broken or I’m doing something wrong.

edit2- I restored to the snapshot just prior to the 20.04 upgrade. I’ll be leaving the server as is, no more updates because of the PHP issue, I can’t get past that. Thanks to all of your assistance @TheGreatDoc I really do appreciate all of your help.

Instead upgrading whole distro, try the link I posted before to install php7.4 in Ubuntu18

Ok, here is where I’m at after I run the first few commands, I have not proceeded yet.

You can get more information about the packages at https://deb.sury.org

IMPORTANT: The -backports is now required on older Ubuntu releases.

BUGS&FEATURES: This PPA now has a issue tracker:

CAVEATS:

1. If you are using php-gearman, you need to add ppa:ondrej/pkg-gearman
  2. If you are using apache2, you are advised to add ppa:ondrej/apache2
  3. If you are using nginx, you are advised to add ppa:ondrej/nginx-mainline
    or ppa:ondrej/nginx

PLEASE READ: If you like my work and want to give me a little motivation, please consider donating regularly: https://donate.sury.org/

WARNING: add-apt-repository is broken with non-UTF-8 locales, see
Unable to add PPA Key · Issue #56 · oerdnj/deb.sury.org · GitHub for workaround:

LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php

More info: ***** The main PPA for supported PHP versions with many PECL ext... : Ondřej Surý
Press [ENTER] to continue or Ctrl-c to cancel adding it.

I proceeded by pressing enter, followed all the commands on that page, now I’m at (when I try to launch librenms)…

404 Not Found
nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)

edit- php version
admin1@librenms1:~$ php -v
PHP 7.4.13 (cli) (built: Nov 28 2020 06:24:43) ( NTS )
Copyright © The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright © Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.4.13, Copyright ©, by Zend Technologies
admin1@librenms1:~$

Point your nginx librenms.conf to the new php7.4 socket