LibreNMS mystery

I currently have a working librenms details below

the thing is I have to keep reverting to a snapshot because it keeps breaking with no change that I can tell when it does break. The closest thing i can find is the error the two ppl get in the bottom links:

[FAIL] Discovery has not completed in the last 24 hours, check the cron job

the fixes dont seem to help when it breaks hence the reverting to old snapshots.
my cron is as follows and works until the second week mark.
[
@monitoring ~]$ id librenms
uid=996(librenms) gid=994(librenms) groups=994(librenms),48(apache)
[@monitoring ~]$ cat /etc/cron.d/librenms
Using this cron file requires an additional user on your system, please see install docs.

33 */6 * * * librenms /opt/librenms/discovery.php -h all >> /var/log/librecron.log 2>&1
*/5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/discovery.php -h new >> /var/log/librecron.log 2>&1
/5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/cronic /opt/librenms/poller-wrapper.py 16
15 0 * * * librenms /opt/librenms/daily.sh >> /var/log/librecron.log 2>&1
-
* * * * librenms /opt/librenms/alerts.php >> /var/log/librecron.log 2>&1
*/5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/poll-billing.php >> /var/log/librecron.log 2>&1
01 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/billing-calculate.php >> /var/log/librecron.log 2>&1
*/5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/check-services.php >> /var/log/librecron.log 2>&1
*/5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/html/plugins/Weathermap/map-poller.php >> /var/log/librecron.log 2>&1

All i see in any log are that snmp connections stop to the local host at the time it all fails but snmpd is running fine space is fine sql is fine, reboot of host and restart of all the applicable services does not help. Not sure if i need to register the product? and some sort of license expires? any ideas ?

run daily updates. there was a bug with ping only devices causing the discovery to break.

Thank you for the reply!
just did and it got 1.33
Im curious since this actualy broke last night and im guessing this daily.sh runs nightly my build would have been up to date last night would it not ?

Yes, it runs with daily.sh in the cron and also depends if you have daily updates set in config.php or doing the stable branch.

see here -> https://docs.librenms.org/#General/Releases/

1 Like

[UPDATE]

I think broke it since it stopped graphing right when I did that.so 1.32 it is untill it dont break

you just ran updates … give it a second.

also you may need to this If you have devices suddenly showing as down, you need to set $config[‘fping’] = ‘/usr/sbin/fping’; or $config[‘fping’] = ‘/usr/bin/fping’; in your config.php and it will start working again. We fixed a bug where fping always showed up even if the command failed

Thank you again for the responses. Il add the fping change since i do recall seeing that somewhere while troubleshooting last.Il update with more info as it rolles in

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Validate showing two pollers

@amaizenshtein not sure why you hijacked this person thread and posted validate?

Mr Krumm, i have a question. fping config change, does that only go in a certain section of the ~/config.php ?

i attempted that in an early troubleshooting session when it was down – still up :slight_smile: but i got a config error in the gui stating the line after the fping in the config. I commented it out and it went away. Does it need its own section or does it belong in an earlier section ?

should be $config[‘fping’] = ‘/usr/sbin/fping’; or $config[‘fping’] = ‘/usr/bin/fping’;

judging from the screenshot looks like your path is wrong

that brakes the weathermap plugin i have. il have to resort to this if goes down. parse error if i do add it

Im running the Centos with Weather map plugin just fine with this set in config.php

I was missing the ; and it took the config succesfully. I hope this stops the install from braking in a week ? cross fingers

1 Like

a week and a half, so far so good. Will report if and when it breaks.