Links on world map

Hi!

I would like to know how can i plot the links between devices i got on network map over world map?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
r3

I asked to chatgpt and this was its answer:

To plot the link between devices on a world map in LibreNMS, you can follow these steps:

1. First, you need to make sure that you have enabled the world map plugin in LibreNMS. You can check this by going to “Global Settings” → “Map Settings” and ensuring that the “Enable Map” option is checked.
  2. Once you have enabled the world map plugin, you need to make sure that your devices have the correct location data. You can edit a device’s location data by going to the device’s page and clicking on the “Edit” button next to the “Location” field. You can also bulk edit device locations by going to “Devices” → “Bulk Edit” and selecting the “Location” field.
  3. Once your devices have the correct location data, you can start plotting the links between them on the world map. To do this, go to “Map” → “Link Discovery” and select the devices that you want to plot links for. You can also select a timeframe for the link discovery.
  4. After you have selected the devices and timeframe, click the “Discover” button. This will initiate the link discovery process, which will plot the links between the devices on the world map.
  5. You can customize the appearance of the links on the map by going to “Map” → “Link Settings”. From here, you can change the color and thickness of the links, as well as other settings.
  6. Once you have plotted the links on the world map, you can zoom in and out, pan around, and click on individual devices to view more information about them.

I will try it and tell you the result :slight_smile:

r3

That’s actually not too far off. :rofl:
I think how to enable it is in one of those steps.

Enable it here: Global Settings > Web UI > World Map Settings > Display network links on the map
Then each location has to have GPS coordinates associated with it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.