Missing graph history?

Hi!

I have a problem with my graphs in LibreNMS since last night. The server has been running almost two years but since 00:00 last night I’m missing all the history in ALL my graphs. I can only see output in the graphs after midnight last night. Does anyone know where to start digging for troubleshooting this issue? I noticed a couple of errors below in the output of validate.php, but Iäm not sure that any of those are part of my issue?

• The output of ./validate.php

/opt/librenms/validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.32-57-g163d0b4
DB Schema 211
PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.21
MySQL 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1
RRDTool 1.4.7
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2

====================================

[OK] Database connection successful
[FAIL] Database: missing index (session/session_value)
[FAIL] Database: missing column (users/remember_token)
[FAIL] Database: missing column (users/updated_at)
[FAIL] We have detected that your database schema may be wrong, please report the following to us on IRC or the community site (https://t.libren.ms/5gscd):
ALTER TABLE session ADD UNIQUE session_value (session_value);
ALTER TABLE users ADD remember_token varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT ‘NULL’ AFTER realname;
ALTER TABLE users ADD updated_at timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AFTER remember_token;
[FAIL] fping should have CAP_NET_RAW! [FIX] setcap cap_net_raw+ep /usr/bin/fping
[FAIL] fping6 should have CAP_NET_RAW! [FIX] setcap cap_net_raw+ep /usr/bin/fping6

Thank you!

run ./daily.sh

this was bug that got through.

then wait for the poller to cycle, after that run ./validate.php again

also you need to fix
run these quires in mysql
ALTER TABLE session ADD UNIQUE session_value (session_value);
ALTER TABLE users ADD remember_token varchar(100) NULL DEFAULT ‘NULL’ AFTER realname;
ALTER TABLE users ADD updated_at timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AFTER remember_token;

then fix
[FAIL] fping should have CAP_NET_RAW! [FIX] setcap cap_net_raw+ep /usr/bin/fping
[FAIL] fping6 should have CAP_NET_RAW! [FIX] setcap cap_net_raw+ep /usr/bin/fping6

Hi Kevin!

Thanks for quick reply. I followed you suggestions and now my validate.php runs clean, and show a later version after running daily.sh:

sudo /opt/librenms/daily.sh
Re-running /opt/librenms/daily.sh as librenms user
Updating to latest codebase OK
Updated from 163d0b4f88021389c138b867423063439a173249 to f038bcb6a155327b444c7508697b3d7ea6905973 OK
Updating SQL-Schema OK
Updating submodules OK
Cleaning up DB OK
Fetching notifications OK
Caching PeeringDB data OK

sudo /opt/librenms/validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.32-62-gf038bcb
DB Schema 211
PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.21
MySQL 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1
RRDTool 1.4.7
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2

====================================

[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

But my graphs are still not (re)filled with data older than midnight. I’ve been waiting for about 30 minutes since running daily.sh. Any further suggestions?

Thanks!

unfortunately, you won’t have that data,

this bug caused the poller to stop working. :frowning:

Well, that’s a bummer… thanks for sharing though.

Any chances that a backup of rrd-data could have been useful and could’ve been used to restore the data in this case?

Sort of, it’s extremely difficult to merge rrd files together, possible but a pain.