Monitor traffic through ports/interfaces

No problem. If you get a chance to edit, feel free to do it. Even if it is not “as nice as you would like”, it will highlight the sentence or paragraph you would like to rephrase, and somebody else can improve your patch before it gets validated.

Concerning the upgrades, the best is to keep them in automatic mode. And get help from a Linux techie whenever some prerequistes (like PHP/python/mysql etc) must be upgraded.

Yeah, my issues seem to be with php/etc. Aside from that, everything is in automatic. I believe it also has to do with an old version of linux I’m running, as well. With all that being said, I wanted to build a new virtual machine with an updated version of linux and a clean install of librenms, but I don’t think I was able to bring my existing devices, settings, history from the old linux install to the new linux/librenms install w/o a lot of work. This could be an easy task for a linux techie, I’d imagine, but not for me. I can copy/paste commands and as you can see, I have to come to the forums for what is probably ‘easy’ questions for those that have a better understanding of linux and librenms. I am thankful for the librenms GUI once librenms is installed.

I will say for the documentation, new users like yourself is the exact people that need to make edits. People that already know how to do it tend to skip steps and sometimes word things a little confusing to new users. New users tend to pay better attention to the details that are often overlooked like the example above.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.