Netonix switch alert for CPU temprature

Hi,
I have just started with LibreNMS and really like it…
I have some netonix switches on the network and when testing the alerts etc they all give me an alert for the temprature.
Basically the normal is at about 58 degrees C.
When it warms to a certain point at about 63 the fans turn on to cool it again so totally normal.
It seems that when it gets to 62 i get an alert for a temperature issue.

So my question is how can i globally change that for the Netonix switch?
I have looked at the mibs under /opt/librenms/mibs/netonix and there are no values there…

The is the email i get

Device X.X.X.X recovered from Sensor under limit - Check Device Health Settings
Severity: critical
Time elapsed: 5m Timestamp: 2022-01-27 08:30:05
Unique-ID: 266
Rule: Sensor under limit - Check Device Health Settings Faults:
#1: sysObjectID => .1.3.6.1.4.1.46242; sysDescr => Netonix WS-26-400-IDC; location_id => 6; sensor_id => 110; sensor_oid => .1.3.6.1.4.1.46242.3.1.3.2; sensor_descr => CPU Temp;
#2: sysObjectID => .1.3.6.1.4.1.46242; sysDescr => Netonix WS-26-400-IDC; location_id => 6; sensor_id => 111; sensor_oid => .1.3.6.1.4.1.46242.3.1.3.3; sensor_descr => PHY Temp;
Alert sent to:

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

You just need to adjust the max threshold for those sensors. If a device provides a low/high value for us to use via SNMP we try to use it, if they don’t then we guess what it should be.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
The issue i have is I do not know how to adjust those settings for all the switches… or even one at this stage?
Can you enlighten me please.

Sure, on the page for one of the devices, click the cog to get to the settings page, then click Health in the lower navigation and from that page you can set the thresholds.

1 Like

So thats a per device setting then… Is there a global one?

I’m afraid not.

1 Like

OK… Thats a pity… But all good thank you so much for your guidance… Its been very helpful

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.