Poller crashing on some printers

This should fix it,

I can confirm PR#12699 allows polling to complete successfully on this device.

I noticed it returns somewhat different rendered values for various stats than before - for instance previously it showed two instances of “Black Toner Cartridge”, one at 100% and one at 50%, whereas now it shows one at 0% and one at 50%.

Note the printer actually only has one toner cartridge and I don’t even know if it’s physically capable of measuring its state of fill, but I don’t think it is. Fwiw observium shows “unknown” and “80%” for the “two” black toner cartridges.

It also shows “Drum Unit” at 69% (actually correct according to the printer’s built-in info page)
and 100% and 50% for two input trays, which again the printer doesn’t actually measure.

The rest of the data, such as impression count, are fine as far as I can tell.

Ok a couple more things. With PR#12699 on every periodic discovery run it sees a change in hardware, which might not be the intended behavior, and does not happen on the instance without it.

2021-04-02 18:35:11 Toner Black Toner Cartridge is empty
2021-04-02 18:35:11 Toner MP TRAY was replaced (new level: 100%)
2021-04-02 12:35:11 Toner Black Toner Cartridge is empty
2021-04-02 12:35:11 Toner MP TRAY was replaced (new level: 100%)
2021-04-02 06:35:11 Toner MP TRAY was replaced (new level: 100%)
2021-04-02 06:35:10 Toner Black Toner Cartridge is empty
2021-04-02 00:35:11 Toner Black Toner Cartridge is empty
2021-04-02 00:35:11 Toner MP TRAY was replaced (new level: 100%)

After running ./daily.sh, I can see things are moving again. Oddly enough, I have new types of sensors that I’ve never seen before, and some weirdo artifacts on the Health menu too.

Specifically: The thing above Charge returns “No sensors of type yes found.” and Fan sends me to /health/metric=fan (without an icon) returns nothing… though I have plenty of things that used to report fan speed.

Not seeing anything weird like that here, although I have a lot less items on my Health list than you, presumably due to having less scanning options enabled:

All these options are working although I don’t remember 100% whether all the options I had previously are still there as I don’t really use the health menu.

I no longer see errors saying that devices have failed to poll.

I think the Fan link (/health/metric=fan) is supposed to actually read /health/metric=fanspeed … I’m not even totally sure where that’s gone wrong, exactly. shrug

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.