Problem with hidden alert

I have a problem (possible bug) with the alerts.

I have one server with an active error/warning in the “Services” view. Red “marker” and an entry in the “event log”
2021-02-11 08:40:32 service somename Service ‘nrpe’ changed status from OK to Critical - Tasks - Critical: Tasks failed (556943.tsk )

This alert is not showing in the Global “Alerts->Notifications” page and no alert was sent via the alert transoprt (mail).

Other current alerts are showing and mail was send on those.

The different setting for the affected host is that I have a "“Scheduled Maintenance” for this host. But only scheduled for 00:01 - 01:30 at night when there are known service interruptions.

This service error occurred outside of the scheduled maintenance and should be visible and an alert should have been sent.

$ ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 21.1.0-19-g38de49c
DB Schema 2021_02_09_084318_remove_perf_times (198)
PHP 7.3.27
Python 3.6.8
MySQL 5.5.68-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2

====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 2.0.9
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct
[WARN] IPv6 is disabled on your server, you will not be able to add IPv6 devices.

https://docs.librenms.org/Support/FAQ/#faq22

Thanks for your reply.

No, it is not the uptime warning.

The alert is real on the host (service is in error state) but it is not shown in “Alerts->Notifications” page.

The alert is shown in red on the host under “services”.

Skärmbild 2021-02-11 172812

It is not hidden, you don’t have an alert rule that checks the status of services.

The status there just means the check is in critical. If you want an alert to trigger, there should be one in the collection you can add.

I have an alert rule (see below) and this is working for every other of the ~200 hosts and about ~400 services.

The thing different on this host is that i have a “Scheduled Mantenance (00:01-01:30)” as described in my first post. If I remove the “Scheduled Maintenance” the alert is shown and mail is sent out.

And I believe this have worked well on this host before (approx second half of 2020).

Hence I believe this could be a potential bug.

I think there are a few quirks in the scheduled maintenance, but no one has come forward to troubleshoot/fix them. May even be a couple of WIP pull requests.

Thanks for your replys.

Any chance of this getting any solution?

This topic was automatically closed 186 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.