Problems with alert rule and transport rule pages after update

Hi,

Since the update this weekend, we are unable to see the alert rule page and the alert transport page. Is there anybody who has a solution for this?

2023-05-31_10h37_16

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Remon Willems

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with the last version of LibreNMS 23.5.0-8-g713bef33b.
Could someone help us?

thanks so much
Best regards
Samuel

I also have this same problem trying to view the Alert Rules and Alert Transport pages. Other pages all seem to work fine.

This shows up in librenms.log when I open either of those:

Declaration of LibreNMS\Alert\Transport\Execute::deliverAlert($obj, $opts) must be compatible with LibreNMS\Interfaces\Alert\Transport::deliverAlert(array $alert_data): bool {“userId”:5,“exception”:“[object] (Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\FatalError(code: 0): Declaration of LibreNMS\Alert\Transport\Execute::deliverAlert($obj, $opts) must be compatible with LibreNMS\Interfaces\Alert\Transport::deliverAlert(array $alert_data): bool at /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Alert/Transport/Execute.php:32)”}

I am up to date, validate.php and daily.sh run successfully:

./daily.sh
Updating to latest codebase OK
Updating Composer packages OK
Updating SQL-Schema OK
Updating submodules OK
Cleaning up DB OK
Fetching notifications OK
Caching PeeringDB data OK
Caching Mac OUI data OK

./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 23.5.0-15-gb14e2d460 (2023-06-13T06:35:00-05:00)
DB Schema 2023_04_27_164904_update_slas_opstatus_tinyint (252)
PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.11
Python 3.10.6
Database MariaDB 10.6.12-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
RRDTool 1.7.2
SNMP 5.9.1
===========================================

[OK] Composer Version: 2.5.7
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database Schema is current
[OK] SQL Server meets minimum requirements
[OK] lower_case_table_names is enabled
[OK] MySQL engine is optimal
[OK] Database and column collations are correct
[OK] Database schema correct
[OK] MySQl and PHP time match
[OK] Active pollers found
[OK] Dispatcher Service not detected
[OK] Locks are functional
[OK] Python poller wrapper is polling
[WARN] Using database for locking, you should set CACHE_DRIVER=redis
[OK] rrdtool version ok
[OK] Connected to rrdcached

Didn’t have the time to go further but your post gave me an idea. Probably you have a custom transport method named Execute.php (located in the opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Alert/Transport/ folder). Try to rename the file from Execute.php to Execute.txt and check if the pages are loading.

Ah yes thank you! I had the Execute.php transport script and it looks like it needs new syntax for the deliverAlert function. I moved the file out for now and everything is fine, I’ll just have to find a workaround for alerts that used this

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.