Sensor deleting / re-adding itself

One of my Cisco switches is having an issue where every sensor on Eth1/5 deletes and re-adds itself, resetting all of the values and constantly alerting. It happens every 2-5 days. This is the only devices that does it and I can’t find a pattern or reason why. The SNMP config is identical to the other 20+ cisco devices we have added yet this is the only one that does it.

Any help would be appreciated.

What model of switch is it and what load does it run? There are some models with really terrible management planes out there.

Done any polling debugs to maybe catch any hints?

It is a Cisco N3K-C3064PQ-10GE running NX-OS 7.0(3)I7(6). Since I’ve posted this I’ve discovered that Ether1/9 is also doing it, but none of the other ports. Here are the configs on both ports:

interface Ethernet1/5
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 3000-3500
speed 1000

interface Ethernet1/9
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 3000-3500
speed 1000

Eth1/5 – connected trunk full 1000 SFP-1000BX-10-D
Eth1/9 – connected trunk full 1000 SFP-1000BX-10-D

We have 7 other ports set up identically and these are the only 2 with issues. I’m going to troubleshoot further and post what I find.

Prodding at random things to help eliminate possibilities … are all the ports BiDi SFPs or only those two, and are they genuine or otherwise fully visible/acknowledged from the device CLI with valid idprom data?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.