SMTP Mail not working

So apparently about 3 weeks ago my email alerting stopped working and I didn’t notice until a co-worker pointed it out today (MS Teams is working fine so I hadn’t noticed). I verified that the settings were all correct and they haven’t changed since I set them years ago:

Then I went into alerts and am getting the following error:

I know that the host is working and available as that is our mail relay that we use for all of our internal applications and nothing else is having any trouble. I did try changing to a couple of different CNames for that server as well the IP address just in case it was some flavor of DNS issue.

I went looking for any logging to see if I could debug it for myself but I’m not seeing any sort of email transport logs and the event log is basically showing the same error:

Could not issue warning alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘mail’ Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Ran the daily.sh script to make sure I was up to the latest codebase and not getting any errors and that looks good as well:

librenms@pilibrenms01 ~ $ ./daily.sh
Updating to latest codebase OK
Updating Composer packages OK
Updated from b47d1dd to 67169bf OK
Updating SQL-Schema OK
Updating submodules OK
Cleaning up DB OK
Fetching notifications OK
Caching PeeringDB data OK

Any thoughts as to what might be going on or where I can look to check?

System firewall?

have you made any progress on this? I’m seeing the same problem, definitely no problem with the SMTP server.

No progress but I’ve not had a lot of time to take a look at it this week. I did verify that it’s not a firewall issue as I’ve been able to get other apps on the server to connect to the SMTP server and send mail.

Not sure what changed but I went back to do more testing today and the test emails are now all coming through.

Nothing has change as far updates from librenms goes.

A post was split to a new topic: Smtp not working