SQLSTATE Error on new install

Hello,

I’ve installed a few instances of LibreNMS before, but haven’t run into this yet.

Installing on CentOS 7 + MariaDB version is 10.6.3 + NGINX
Followed the instructions on: Installation CentOS 7 Nginx - LibreNMS Docs

Getting this upon Build Database on the Configure Database step within the Install process.

Migrating: 2018_07_03_091314_create_alert_log_table
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1025 Error on rename of './librenms/alert_log' to './librenms/#sql-backup-95d-29ca' (errno: 168 "Unknown (generic) error from engine") (SQL: ALTER TABLE `alert_log` CHANGE `details` `details` longblob NULL ;)

I’ve tried dropping the database and running re-create so far. If I leave the database and retry instead, the error is table already present.

I’ve given permissions to the librenms user — seems still an error that might be permissions based?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Looked at this further. The presence of Migrating: 2018_07_03_091314_create_alert_log_table
seems kind of odd. (Was Libre trying to migrate an existing database?)

I dropped the database, re-created with this sequence:

CREATE DATABASE librenms CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON librenms.* TO 'librenms'@'localhost';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

And then, re-ran the UI install process to get to Configure Database, now I get another “Migrating date” sequence, but sadly still same error, however on a different table (devices) this time?

Starting Update...
Migrating: 2020_07_27_00522_alter_devices_snmp_algo_columns
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1025 Error on rename of './librenms/devices' to './librenms/#sql-backup-95d-a336' (errno: 168 "Unknown (generic) error from engine") (SQL: ALTER TABLE devices CHANGE authalgo authalgo VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET utf8mb3 DEFAULT NULL COLLATE `utf8mb3_unicode_ci`, CHANGE cryptoalgo cryptoalgo VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET utf8mb3 DEFAULT NULL COLLATE `utf8mb3_unicode_ci`)

Error!

What is it “Migrating” and what is driving the date range?

MariaDB 10.6 might be a bit too new maybe

1 Like

Will try stepping down to 10.5. Appreciate the suggestion.

@Jellyfrog you nailed it. Rolling back to 10.5 on mariadb side removed the issue.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.