Support for chronyd

Hi,

There’s good support for NTP server and NTP client, but latest CentOS 7 releases have by default, chronyd, which is a better time sync system and fully compatible with the NTP Protocol.

Can support be added for chrony please?

Thanks.

Michael.

4 Likes

Seems you just need to re-write the snmp extend script /etc/snmp/ntp-server.sh to spit out the same json blob for chrony. Likely picking this up via chronyc…

/etc/snmp/ntp-server.sh

{“data”:{“offset”:"-0.223042",“frequency”:"-14.431",“sys_jitter”:“2.366659”,“clk_jitter”:“0.837”,“clk_wander”:“0.019”,“stratum”:“3”,“time_since_reset”:“46894”,“receive_buffers”:“10”,“free_receive_buffers”:“9”,“used_receive_buffers”:“0”,“low_water_refills”:“1”,“dropped_packets”:“0”,“ignored_packets”:“0”,“received_packets”:“2008”,“packets_sent”:“2020”,“packet_send_failures”:“0”,“input_wakeups”:“0”,“useful_input_wakeups”:“2013”},“error”:“0”,“errorString”:"",“version”:“1”}

Well, that may have been short sighted. I started to do exactly what I suggested and found that chronyc does not give the same level of detail and stats out.

So this really needs a different app written in LibreNMS. The shipped NTP app can be seen in includes/polling/applications/ntp-server.inc.php. I may take a stab at this.