Web GUI suddenly broken after just a few hours from a fresh installation

Hello! I could really use a clue.

I just stood up a brand new VM, followed the installation guide, and got LibreNMS running without much trouble at all. The web GUI was working fine and still was configured for basic mysql authentication. Absolutely nothing special was done yet, zero customization.

I added several devices and started a “discovery.php -h all” and it was running and walking my devices and I was watching our device and port count climb up on my dashboard, everything looked good so I took a break.

I walked away from my session for a couple hours to wait for the discovery to finish while I was gone and came back to this lovely error when visiting the main web page expecting to see the login page (screenshot and text pasted below):

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function() { Flasher.getInstance().render({"envelopes":[{"notification":{"type":"error","message":"\\'sso.user_attr\\' config setting was not found or was empty","options":[],"title":null},"handler":"template.librenms","created_at":"2022-04-29 22:51:13","uuid":"B3D1A3D3-0C8C-489F-97E7-D5AD61E1ED97","priority":0,"template":"

\n

\n

\n 'sso.user_attr' config setting was not found or was empty\n <\/div>\n <\/div>\n

\n <\/span>\n <\/div>\n<\/div>\n"}],"scripts":[],"styles":[],"options":{"template.librenms":{"timeout":12000,"style":{"top":"55px"}}}}); })

I’m running the very latest/greatest Chrome as of this writing:

Chrome is up to date

Version 101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I find it very strange it’s complaining anything about"sso.user_attr" because I have not set SSO auth, nor do I even have anything special like a config.php file with any non-default anything happening here.

Nobody has access to this box except me and it’s locked down from the world. I just don’t understand what changed to have broken this during a discovery run on a totally vanilla installation.

Any guidance on how to fix this would be awesome. I’m stumped.

Thanks!

[librenms ~]$ ./validate.php
====================================
Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS  | 22.4.0-20-g3da935a3e
DB Schema | 2022_04_08_085504_isis_adjacencies_table_add_index (236)
PHP       | 7.3.20
Python    | 3.6.8
MySQL     | 10.3.28-MariaDB
RRDTool   | 1.7.0
SNMP      | 5.8
====================================

[OK]    Composer Version: 2.3.5
[OK]    Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK]    Database connection successful
[OK]    Database schema correct

[librenms ~]$

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.