When Deleting and Re-Adding a Device, Old Data Still Appears

Greetings,

In trying to monitor a server, I’m finding that there is stale data still there from the first time I added it, even after updating its SNMP configs and deleting and re-adding the device. If I delete it, it seems to delete the RRD files, but for example I’m still seeing the Hardware string display the old information.

I’ve deleted this device and re-added twice, but it still will not re-populate certain fields with new info.

Any insights? Thank you.

Probably the “old info” is still supplied by the device. You can check the debug output of discovery/poller to see.

Thanks for your response.

I think I was just impatient. I deleted it, waited a few hours, then re-added it and it’s clean.

Actually I spoke too soon, it’s returned.

I’m not sure how this would be returned by the server (I did a verbose discovery and didn’t see any of that info in there, but I may have missed it), since I have updated snmpd.conf with the corrected info, but it’s still returning strings with typos in them, for example.

Any other thoughts?

Did you check poller debug too?

Thanks, @murrant. Yes, it is returning that info from the poller. So it is coming from the server itself. Next question, then, how do I clear this data out? Where is it being cached? I don’t know a whole lot about SNMP, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Contact the device vendor, I guess.