8/28 - Sudden LDAP Authentication Issues

This morning our LDAP authentication has stopped working. This is the screen we get upon successful authentication:

The only error message that pops up in librenms.log is:
Trying to access array offset on value of type int {“exception”:“[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): Trying to access array offset on value of type int at /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Authentication/LdapAuthorizer.php:131)”}

./validate.php output:

Component Version
LibreNMS 23.8.2-12-g744ff7543 (2023-08-28T08:39:03-06:00)
DB Schema 2023_06_18_201914_migrate_level_to_roles (257)
PHP 8.1.22
Python 3.9.16
Database MariaDB 10.7.8-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.7.0
SNMP 5.8
===========================================

[OK] Composer Version: 2.5.8
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database Schema is current
[OK] SQL Server meets minimum requirements
[OK] lower_case_table_names is enabled
[OK] MySQL engine is optimal
[OK] Database and column collations are correct
[OK] Database schema correct
[OK] MySQl and PHP time match
[OK] Active pollers found
[OK] Dispatcher Service not detected
[OK] Locks are functional
[OK] Python poller wrapper is polling
[OK] Redis is unavailable
[OK] rrd_dir is writable
[OK] rrdtool version ok

./daily.sh output:
Updating to latest codebase OK
Updating Composer packages OK
Updating SQL-Schema OK
Updating submodules OK
Cleaning up DB OK
Fetching notifications OK
Caching PeeringDB data OK

This may be unrelated but when I switch to mysql authentication, sign in with an admin account and go to “Manage Users,” I get this screen:

Thank you for working on this. With the latest commits pulled, I was able to get signed back in however I’m still unable to access the “Manage Users” screen even though my account is an admin. I’m getting the “403 This Action is Unauthorized screen” with no errors showing up in librenms.log. I also noticed that it is displaying in “Light” mode despite my CSS settings set to “Dark” but this is less important.

you might need to run lnms db:seed --class='Database\Seeders\RolesSeeder' and lnms tinker --execute='Bouncer::refresh()'

Also, make sure you are setting roles via the auth_ldap_groups setting

Those two commands you provided seems to have done the trick. I’m able to access the Manage Users page now. I can confirm that we configuring LDAP groups via auth_ldap_groups in config.php. My only apparent issue is the CSS setting now. Thank you much!

Hello,

Our LibreNMS LDAP Authorization stopped working this morning with the error in the log:

Trying to access array offset on value of type int {“exception”:“[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): Trying to access array offset on value of type int at /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Authentication/LdapAuthorizationAuthorizer.php:133)”}

Validate output:

./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 23.8.2-17-g976cb53ea (2023-08-29T09:00:17-04:00)
DB Schema 2023_06_18_201914_migrate_level_to_roles (257)
PHP 8.1.22
Python 3.9.2
Database MariaDB 10.5.19-MariaDB-0+deb11u2
RRDTool 1.7.2
SNMP 5.9
===========================================

Please advise.

Try running ./daily.sh and then afterwards, if everything shows OK, run the two commands murrant provided:
lnms db:seed --class=‘Database\Seeders\RolesSeeder’
lnms tinker --execute=‘Bouncer::refresh()’

The problem was in this section of LdapAuthorizationAuthorizer.php file:

public function getRoles(string $username): array|false
    {
        $roles = $this->authLdapSessionCacheGet('roles');
        if ($roles !== null) {
            return $roles;
        }
        $roles = [];

// Find all defined groups $username is in
        $filter = '(&(|(cn=' . implode(')(cn=', array_keys(Config::get('auth_ldap_groups'))) . '))(' . Config::get('auth_ldap_groupmemberattr') . '=' . $this->getMembername($username) . '))';
        $search = ldap_search($this->ldap_connection, Config::get('auth_ldap_groupbase'), $filter);
        $entries = ldap_get_entries($this->ldap_connection, $search);

$authLdapGroups = Config::get('auth_ldap_groups');
        // Collect all roles
        foreach ($entries as $entry) {
          if (isset($entry['cn'][0])) {
            $groupname = $entry['cn'][0];

if (isset($authLdapGroups[$groupname]['roles']) && is_array($authLdapGroups[$groupname]['roles'])) {
                $roles = array_merge($roles, $authLdapGroups[$groupname]['roles']);
            } elseif (isset($authLdapGroups[$groupname]['level'])) {
                $role = LegacyAuthLevel::tryFrom($authLdapGroups[$groupname]['level'])?->getName();
                if ($role) {
                    $roles[] = $role;
                }
            }
         }
        }
        $roles = array_unique($roles);
        $this->authLdapSessionCacheSet('roles', $roles);

return $roles;
    }

It is the same fix he applied here to a different file LibreNMS/Authentication/LdapAuthorizer.php:

Thanks for the fix! :slight_smile: Without his commit I won’t be able to find it as I am not a programmer.

I suggest you submit a pull request with your fix. (go to the file on github and click the edit button, then create a pull request after you have saved your edit)

I submitted pull request #15268.
Thanks!

Thanks @yarogr !

You are welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.