Add LANCOM Devices

Hi to all,

we have a lot of LANCOM Devices www.lancom-systems.com , Switches, Firewalls, Access Points etc and all the MIB.

Is there someone who wants to help us to add them to LibreNMS and share it with the community as we dont have the best programming skills for this.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hello, i also want to Monitor my lancom devices. One Router (this is well supported) and the Switches. They are not supported.

Is there someone who can help with the Integration? Should I come with some Information?

Best Regards
Alex

Hi there,
I’m also a beginner and interested in support for LANCOM-Switches, because its a great Software. Is there any progress?
Thank you,
Jonas

I’d like to offer some help here, but I don’t have any LANCOM devices.
Could you give me SNMP readonly access to these devices?

HI Rudy,

that sounds great.

I could give you an access to a lot of different lancom equipment and MIBs.

Send me a email at [email protected] so that we can discuss this further and get this available to the community.

Thanks

Okay, so I’ve been given SNMP access by @smoothnet, thanks for that. I have basic discovery and sensor support working for the devices @smoothnet gave me access to.

However, I don’t think we can add the LANCOM UF-300

The problem with that device is that it’s sysObject is iso.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10

The 8072 is a unique number for each manufacturer. eg. Cisco has number 9.
8072 belongs to ‘net-snmp’ or in other words the net-snmp Linux package.

The other LANCOM devices identify themselves with number 2356 which belongs to LANCOM (good!)

I tried adding iso.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10 to the LANCOM discovery file, but that breaks LibreNMS as lots of devices seem to be using this sysObjectID

There are other ways to identify devices, by eg using it’s sysDescr and search for brand names. However, the device isn’t giving us much:

iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 = STRING: "Linux HB-MSR-FW01 5.15.137-gp-ext #1 SMP Tue Nov 7 18:09:22 UTC 2023 x86_64"
iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0 = OID: iso.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10
iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0 = Timeticks: (190076227) 21 days, 23:59:22.27
iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.4.0 = STRING: "private NOC"
iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0 = STRING: "HB-MSR-FW01"
iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.6.0 = STRING: "private"

Perhaps @PipoCanaja or @laf can chime in here, but I don’t think we can correctly identify this device as LANCOM because it only tells us ‘Hey I’m a generic linux box!’.

I’ll continue working on the other devices

Hi,
Can you get a snmprec file from the device so we can have a look :
snmpbulkwalk -OUneb -v2c -c COMMUNITY HOSTNAME .

If we find another OID to check after we matched the sysObject, then we may have a way.

If these devices do not provide anything different compared to a Linux server, then you are right, there is not much we can do …

Here it is, it all looks very Linux-ish to me.

SNMPrec 10.18.0.1

I got the switches mostly done, some small issues I need to work out. But the flu got to me. Hope to finish this in the next week or two