Add Logo (Image) for Ping-Only Device

Hi,

Wanting to add a logo for a ping-only device (Roku). As the OS isn’t detected … is there an easy way to do this? I can add the image to the html/images/os directory, but is there another setting needed (it seems there is, I can’t manually change the OS to roku)?

Thanks!

You can change the OS to Roku in the device settings.

Yep, I had tried that, but it won’t “stick” … resets back to “Generic Device” - I assume because “Roku” isn’t recognized?

Thanks!

Yeah Roku is not listed in librenms. Its not in are Devices OS’s. So “Roku OS” is not possible.

Makes sense. I just need to find where to add it in … :-). I don’t mind doing it (not at all), just not quite sure where to look yet. But I’ll start digging!

Thanks.

1 Like

You can’t add it in. OS’ are listed from what we detect natively, Linux OS’ are detected from the distro script via snmp so you can’t run this for non-snmp devices.

Gotcha, NP. Was just wanted to add in an (OS specific) logo / icon, but if that’s not possible I’ll live with the generic one.

Thanks.

Hi,

Was back looking at this again, some spare time to kill over the break … :-). It seems I can manually change the OS now, and the icon is updated accordingly. I have a Roku SVG file, just need to figure out where to store the mapping (say, “Roku OS” manually entered to an SVG file).

Any pointers?

Thanks!

FYI, I have this working - sharing in case others want to try this as well. What I needed to do was,

1. Save a (optimized) image, at html/images/os/roku.svg
  2. Create a definition file (includes/definitions/roku.yaml), contents as below,
    text: ‘Roku’
    type: network
    icon: roku
  3. Force the os to “roku” for the desired devices. I had to do this through MySQL, it didn’t seem to work through the web interface (should it?).

Then it works! And both discovery and polling don’t really run for this (ping-only) device, so the yaml file is just fine.

Thanks for the pointers!

It would be better to put that in your config.php:

$config['os']['roku'] = [
    'os'   => 'roku',
    'text' => 'Roku',
    'type' => 'network',
    'icon' => 'roku',
];
1 Like

Will do - thanks for the info!

Is there a better way to “force” (set) the OS? The GUI seems to block it out (or rather, won’t accept ‘roku’).

Thanks again.

BTW, to confirm … modify config.php instead of roku.yaml, right?

And any way you know of to allow the OS to be set in the GUI (manually)?

Thanks!

Yeah, config.php is better (no git conflicts possible).

There is no way to define an OS via the GUI.

1 Like

That makes sense, will do it that way. Thanks again for the pointers!

OK, just noticed (not sure it changed, or I just noticed it) … this works in the detailed individual device view, but not for the device listing?

Thanks!

Yes I’m seeing the same behavior @murrant or @PipoCanaja

Looks like this is fixed in #9887 … right?

Thanks!