Add VPN client graph

Hi,

We have a few Sonicwall SMA’s that we use as a VPN gateway. Now I want to see a graph in LibreNMS of the connected users and implement alerting based on the licenses we have per unit. Basically what we already have with Wireless clients pretty much out of the box.

I added the 3 devices to LibreNMS and it seems like I need to do the work myself. Now I was wondering what the best way to do this is. I already know the OID (.1.3.6.1.4.1.8741.6.2.1.8.0) but the documentation about custom graphing points me to Discord for the actual polling. Tried it there but got no response, so wanted to try my luck here.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

I did the same thing for F5 APM a couple of months ago - just had to modify the existing F5 stuff and do nothing with the poller.

From memory, I had to modify definitions.inc.php, f5.inc.php and create bigip_apm_sessions.inc.php, 269.sql and then 270.sql, as I had to name the files correctly to get the automatic display in the graph section of the device.

It’s been merged into the master branch, so you should be able to find it. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips. Just got it working now.

Going to brush up on the code a bit and read up on how to contribute to the repo.