Adding a custom MIBs to my Huawei device

snmp
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fe2221c98a8>

Speaking about poor SNMP implementations, don’t hesitate to open cases to Huawei support. With proper documentation, you can obtain patches correcting some wrong SNMP behaviours (like SNMP replies not following the MIB files, etc etc).
I did it successfully twice so far.

So can you give this patches to community ?

They are released by huawei on their download pages.

The point here is : don’t hesitate to ask them if something is not following the mibs or if a faulty / buggy behaviour is discovered.

Show them (with a simple snmpwalk) that their device is not behaving correctly, and that should be enough to get a patch developped.

Hi all,

I have a Huawei MA5600T OLT already in LibreNMS. I appreciate if anyone can help our guide me on how to implement in LibreNMS a discovery for the ONTs and get traffic (in/out) like a normal port in a network device.

Thanks!

Hi
As a first step, I would suggest that you play with snmpwalk and understand the logik. Once you have it, think about the way to parse it and get the data you want.
Then, come back here to see how to implement it :slight_smile:
PipoCanaja

@PipoCanaja Will be possible to add new table or something where we can store information about traffic of gpon ports, i know which one oids are for statistics, i can get custom graph of that ports, but when i am using 6 ports of one gpon card than i need to make 6 custom graphs for that and this is only possible with manally adding them etc.

here is the oid for simple received and send traffic of OLT gpon ports. There is of course get mcast, unicast information etc.

and here is a custom graph for that

So, question is how to implement it to the os, and get that information automatically

Hi @jozefrebjak
You already have the “components” mecanism. You could create a new discovery module that would create the necessary components. And a new page to display the resulting data in the device. Like OSPF discovery does, if I remember well (there is no OSPF table).

@jozefrebjak

Dont you have the OLT GPON Ports graphs?

I do have them in my Ports list of our Huawei’s OLTs.

In my case, they are disabled as they return 32bits counters instead of 64 so it get overruned in less than 5 min. Which translates into incorrect info and gaps.

If your GPON ports have less than 100MBit/s of bw you should not have any issue.

So, how to enable it ? I am getting information only from electrical ports,