Adding admin users on LibreNMS

Hi, I’m new to Libre and have sort of an issue.

Colleague that was managing LibreNMS quit with the end of January, and I continued to do his work. He didn’t elevate rights for my user to admin level, and now I can’t add or remove users, nor do I have option to do so in my GUI.

He told me to use adduser.php tool on Linux, and when I do it says that user that I wanted to add was added successfully but I can’t log in with it to GUI. It says invalid credentials.

Command that I use looks like this: ./adduser.php username, password, level 1-10, email.Without commas ofcourse.

Any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong? I have been trying to do this for 2 days already and nothing seems to be working.

1 Like

Below command works
./adduser.php test1234 test1234 10

you should not mention word “level” just give 10 for admin

I know, I didn’t type level in to command. As you can see, it says User added successfully on my previous entries but I still can’t log in with that user to web GUI.

can try lnms

lnms user:add testuser -p testpw -r admin

1 Like

what does this command do? can I add admin role to already existing user with it, or does this "lnms user:add " creates a new admin user?

creates new user

can u paste here the exact command you are typing. of course you can change password to random before pasting here

ahh, mismatched syntax

lnms user:add -p yourpassword -r admin yourusername

i have tested with both syntax. works for me

Ok, I write it this way and this is the reply:

hmm that explains.
your installation not using mysqlauth

i never tried other auth methods, im using default mysqlauth

what’s the other one my installation could use? Active Directory?

there are multiple options

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.