After the composer update showing as problem with backend

So any way is there i can fix it without disturbing our environment?

Yes, you need to fix whatever issue you are having. Start checking your msyql server logs. Run mysqltuner. Check system logs.

here is the result of mysql tuner

General recommendations:
Run OPTIMIZE TABLE to defragment tables for better performance
Set up a Password for user with the following SQL statement ( SET PASSWORD FOR ‘user’@‘SpecificDNSorIp’ = PASSWORD(‘secure_password’); )
Reduce your overall MySQL memory footprint for system stability
Adjust your join queries to always utilize indexes
When making adjustments, make tmp_table_size/max_heap_table_size equal
Reduce your SELECT DISTINCT queries which have no LIMIT clause
Increase table_open_cache gradually to avoid file descriptor limits
Read this before increasing table_open_cache over 64:
Beware that open_files_limit (50005) variable
should be greater than table_open_cache ( 400)
Variables to adjust:
*** MySQL’s maximum memory usage is dangerously high ***
*** Add RAM before increasing MySQL buffer variables ***
query_cache_limit (> 1M, or use smaller result sets)
query_cache_size (> 16M)
join_buffer_size (> 128.0K, or always use indexes with joins)
tmp_table_size (> 16M)
max_heap_table_size (> 16M)
table_open_cache (> 400)
innodb_buffer_pool_size (>= 2G) if possible.
innodb_buffer_pool_instances (=1)
innodb_log_buffer_size (>= 8M)

Kindly let me know how to resolve this

It tells you what the recommendations are and what you need to do.

@tleadley, what config file specifically has the cookie parameter?



HI tleadley ,

i got the same problem

config.php ?

We having same issue

$config[‘secure_cookies’] = true; line is not available in config.php .what to do?


Component Version
LibreNMS 1.43-107-g4f6e2b4
DB Schema 268
PHP 7.2.9
MySQL 5.5.60-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8


[OK] Composer Version: 1.7.2
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct
[FAIL] Missing PHP extension: mysqlnd
[FIX] Please install mysqlnd
[FAIL] We have found some files that are owned by a different user than librenms, this will stop you updating automatically and / or rrd files being updated causing graphs to fail.
i am getting this any idea?

tail -f /opt/librenms/log/librenms.log is
/opt/librenms/poller.php 50 2018-09-20 17:51:03 - 1 devices polled

Please see my reply on Problem with backend error

ok .thanks

I would add the line to the config.php file and instead set it to false.

I doubt this will be your issue without knowing more about your setup so this would be something to try. I did notice some failed Plugin entries, maybe start there!

In my case I have pfsense running haproxy, so a reverse proxy conntributed to my problem. I am using Apache on Ubuntu 16.04. So if you are running a reverse proxy I would look at your proxy configuration in addition to your librenms setup!

More information about your build could go a long way to help isolate the issue. I mean the distro you are using and if you chose Apache or Nginx, using SSL etc

im having the exact same problem.
im having the same issue too.

the result of ./validate.php
[email protected]:/opt/librenms$ sudo ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.51
DB Schema 2019_02_10_220000_add_dates_to_fdb (132)
MySQL 5.7.24-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
RRDTool 1.5.5

[OK] Composer Version: 1.8.5
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct
[email protected]:/opt/librenms$

this happened from the latest update

Can you run through

  • Re-authenticate with the GUI
  • Check logs/librenms.log
  • Restart MySQL, and check logs
  • Restart Webserver
  • Check your config file for this line --> $config[‘secure_cookies’] = true;
    comment it out or change to false

So here’s what i did .
first i’ve mysqlcheck -A --repair all the databases.
then i’ve installed the requirements with : pip3 install -r requirement.txt
which had all the components installed that we’re missing .
seems like the system is ok now. but ill keep a closer look into it.

after that , my version was updated manually using ./ from 1.51 to 1.52 successfully