Alarms configured for 1 transport, but sent to both transports instead

I have two email alert transports Email & Sean. I have one Transport Group configured as TransportGroup attached to my e-mail.

There is a Cisco router, IR809 that has custom alert created for IP SLA. Each time this alarms it is going to both alert transports (one of which is a distribution list). In the alert rules (there are 2 of them) the Transport Group has been configured to try alert transport Sean and TransportGroup. The problem is the alarms are still going to the alert transport Email which goes to a distribution list.

When an alarm is generated I get logged “Issued recovery for rule ‘IP Sla’ to transport ‘mail’” which appears to send to any and all configured transports and not the selected in the alert rule. Whether I select my name & email for alert transport or select the Transport Group attached to my email, it still goes to all configured transports. Is this normal?

This is still running version 1.52-70-gf3ba894

Check if it is configured to send alarms to admins. This will always send alerts to configured admin users. Regardless the rules.

I did turn off alarms to admins. However when this specific alarm is triggered it logs it went to transport “mail” which includes both configured transports for 2 different email addresses. Problem is in the alarm the specific transport selected is transport to my email address and not the distribution list one.

Selecting a transport group does not resolve this either, even when the transport group only includes myself. No matter what when an alarm is triggered and set to use a Transport, it will go to all configured transports regardless of what is specified in the alarm.