Alerts not showing / creating / updating

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fed758290a0> #<Tag:0x00007fed75828e48>

Hi all, Just sharing my experience on how I resolved a problem I was having.

Installed the system today and everything just checks out:

[email protected]:~$ ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 21.11.0-39-g61eae8fb6
DB Schema 2021_25_01_0129_isis_adjacencies_nullable (226)
PHP 7.4.3
Python 3.8.10
MySQL 10.3.31-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
RRDTool 1.7.2
SNMP 5.8

====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 2.1.12
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

Was able to normally login and discover devices with some errors.

It was when I got into the alerting that creating, modifying or deleting was not working.

Symptoms where:

  • Unable to create a new alert: Nothing would happen when clicking on save
  • When trying to delete an alert I was getting an “AJAX report” error message
  • When selecting “Import from” dropdown menu option within the alert definition screen I was getting an http site not found error, same as when trying to edit device settings

It wasn’t till having the last symptom described above that I realized to check the config.php file located on /opt/librenms directory. Noticed that I initially modified it during installation, used a fully qualified DNS name without having the correct DNS server in place (on local system, not in the libre system). Simply modifying the “server_name” parameter to be the server IP ADDRESS instead did the trick and now everything just works like a charm!

Hope it helps!
Regards!