Another not connecting to DB

Fresh/Clean install.
followed steps from Install LibreNMS - LibreNMS Docs

Centos8 & apache
Get to the end of the instructions, with no errors.
when trying to connect to the web ui to complete I get a error
Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

if I run validate.php I get
[librenms@rconfig ~]$ ./validate.php

====================================

Component Version
LibreNMS 21.7.0-29-gb9e6a5975
DB Schema Not Connected (0)
PHP 7.3.20
Python 3.6.8
MySQL ?
RRDTool 1.7.0
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.8

====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 2.1.5
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
Could not connect to database, check logs/librenms.log.

log shows…
[2021-07-29 14:32:48] production.ERROR: Not enough arguments (missing: “setting”). {“exception”:"[object] (RuntimeException(code: 0): Not enough arguments (missing: “setting”). at /opt/librenms/app/Console/Commands/GetConfigCommand.php:52)
[stacktrace]
#0 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(36): App\Console\Commands\GetConfigCommand->handle()
#1 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Util.php(40): Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod::Illuminate\Container\{closure}()
#2 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(93): Illuminate\Container\Util::unwrapIfClosure(Object(Closure))
#3 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(37): Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod::callBoundMethod(Object(App\Application), Array, Object(Closure))
#4 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(651): Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod::call(Object(App\Application), Array, Array, NULL)
#5 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(136): Illuminate\Container\Container->call(Array)
#6 /opt/librenms/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(299): Illuminate\Console\Command->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Illuminate\Console\OutputStyle))
@
“librenms.log” 19L, 3231C

As test I created a html file in the html directory & it is presented in browser, so web service looks to be running fine.

help?

Your librenms setup could not connect to the mariadb SQL database. You may need to modify the database settings in the .env file.

If you want you can post your .env file here, that may help. Note: there are passphrases in that file you need to remove before posting!

A first first test is to connect via the command line to the mariadb/SQL server

sudo mysql -u librenms -p

Then enter the librenms passphrase you setup.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.