Any suggestions on alerting for recurring unwanted alerts?

Hey team -
Alerting is working pretty well. Unfortunately I have an alert for “port usage exceeds 95%” that pops EVERY SINGLE NIGHT due to backups. It actually happens across multiple switches.

I find myself challenged with what to do about it. If I disable it, I will not get alerts during the day should there be an actual situation where the port is eating up 95%+. If I change any of the delays or whatever, I will not be notified in a timely manner with an actual issue.

I was thinking it would be terrific if we had the ability to actually schedule certain alerts…like between the hours of 9-5EST these are valid alerts…after 5 they probably aren’t valid so ignore them / do not send emails etc.

Anyhow, any suggestions would be terrific.

Hi,
Reading your post, it appears that they are not at all false positive. They are completely true port usage alerts, due to backup. It seems that the best way to handle this right now would be to put a maintenance window during the backup time frame.
Of course, you could come with new feature code contribution, to add a schedule in each alert, or any other idea you have, and discuss it on github with the community.