BGP Alerts behaviour

Hello,
I am new to LibreNMS. I’ve got some Juniper MXs in my network. Using Libre I would like to get a notification everytime any of my BGP sesions state is different than established.
Usuing default templates I’ve created Rule: BGP Session Down or Problem ( bgpPeers.bgpPeerState != “established” AND macros.device_up = 1).
It works but not the way I would like it to. When one of Junipers already has active Alert and another session goes down(on the same device), the new alert doesn’t appear and I don’t get new notification. The old alert gets “updated” and there is more than one position in it.

How can I change alerts behaviour? I would like to get seperate alert for each BGP session.

====================================
Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS  | 22.2.1-6-g703745d0e
DB Schema | 2022_02_03_164059_increase_auth_id_length (235)
PHP       | 7.3.31-1~deb10u1
Python    | 3.7.3
MySQL     | 10.3.31-MariaDB-0+deb10u1
RRDTool   | 1.7.1
SNMP      | 5.7.3
====================================

[OK]    Composer Version: 2.2.6
[OK]    Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK]    Database connection successful
[OK]    Database schema correct

BGP Session Down or Problem
I think this alerting rule has served its purpose.
Down and other states of the bgp peer, all aggregated together.
My suggestion is to have an alert for each state, so that they can be distinguished.

My routers have about 50 sessions. Still this alert behaviour is not satisfiaing. If one of the devices already has active Alert and another session goes down(on the same device), the new alert doesn’t appear and I don’t get new notification. So it’s very annoying cuz it makes me to read all the alerts manually.

Hi @Noob
There is no way currently to disable de-duplication based on device. So you’ll have to contribute it if this is necessary for your usecase.
Bye

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.