BGP state and BGP updates not showing correctly

Hi all,
I’m polling some Cisco devices that have BGP sessions and I’m seeing that LibreNMS is showing the BGP state as “idle”, even though the session is up. Also the BGP updates in LibreNMS are showing 0, where in fact there have been updates.

./validate.php

====================================
Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS  | 22.4.1
DB Schema | 2022_04_08_085504_isis_adjacencies_table_add_index (236)
PHP       | 8.1.5
Python    | 3.9.2
MySQL     | 10.5.15-MariaDB-0+deb11u1
RRDTool   | 1.7.2
SNMP      | 5.9
====================================

[OK]    Composer Version: 2.2.9
[OK]    Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK]    Database connection successful
[OK]    Database schema correct

The cisco device is on NX OS 9.3.8

If I run discovery.php manually (in debug mode) i see these error’s:

Warning: Undefined variable $bgp4_mib in /opt/librenms/includes/discovery/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 85
Warning: Undefined array key 1 in /opt/librenms/includes/discovery/functions.inc.php on line 1030

Also, if i run poller.php manually (in debug mode) i see a bunch of these error’s:

Warning: Undefined variable $peer_data in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 414
Warning: Undefined variable $peer_data in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 419
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 419
Warning: Undefined variable $peer_data in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 444
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 444
Warning: Undefined array key "bgpPeerInUpdates" in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 445
Warning: Undefined array key "bgpPeerOutUpdates" in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 446
Warning: Undefined array key "bgpPeerInTotalMessages" in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 447
Warning: Undefined array key "bgpPeerOutTotalMessages" in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 448
Warning: Undefined array key "cbgpPeer2DeniedPrefixes" in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 526
Warning: Undefined array key "cbgpPeer2SuppressedPrefixes" in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 531
Warning: Undefined array key "cbgpPeer2WithdrawnPrefixes" in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 532
Warning: Undefined variable $devices in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 652
Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 652
Warning: Undefined array key "c_update" in /opt/librenms/includes/polling/bgp-peers.inc.php on line 714

Is there anyone that might have an idea what’s wrong?

Thanks!

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?
We really would like to be able to monitor the state of our BGP sessions.

Anyone please?
Any other info I can provide to help?

@JohnnyBBravo I am sad to see nobody has replied to you yet. I also do not know the answer to this problem here. I am only leaving this reply here to get notification once this question will be getting answered. Best wishes!

1 Like

We have just installed a pair of Cisco ASR-9901 routers and see the exact same behavior with BGP monitoring. These routers are on IOS-XR 7.3.2
BGP sessions are up, but LibreNMS is reporting the state as idle.

Would be nice if someone could have a look.

Anyone else with Cisco devices that have BGP sessions and have this issue?

See:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.