Bogus alert history since going from daily to monthly builds

Yesterday I switched from the daily build 21.11.0-18-g7893b8beb to the monthly release 21.11.0 with the intention of staying on monthly builds for now, and since then I have loads of bogus events in the alert history that look like this:

This is basically all my configured alerts, but for no particular devices, with the message “Rule created, no faults found” as if it keeps trying to re-create the same rules.

This big batch of “alerts” in the history seem to repeat about every 6 hours so there are several repeat batches of these “alerts” since I switched version yesterday so perhaps triggered by discovery polling ? Not sure.

Normal alerting still seems to be working as far as I can see (and hope!) and these only show up in the alert history and don’t cause alerts to be sent.

My ./validate does warn of a slight database schema issue but says this is normal when going back from a nightly build to a slightly older monthly build and that it should sort itself out with the next update, but should I be trying to manually before then if it could be causing this issue ?

librenms@ubuntu-srv:~$ ./validate.php
====================================
Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS  | 21.11.0
DB Schema | 2021_11_12_123037_change_cpwVcID_to_unsignedInteger (225)
PHP       | 7.4.3
Python    | 3.8.10
MySQL     | 10.3.31-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
RRDTool   | 1.7.2
SNMP      | NET-SNMP 5.8
====================================

[OK]    Composer Version: 2.1.12
[OK]    Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK]    Database connection successful
[WARN]  Your database schema has extra migrations (2021_11_12_123037_change_cpwVcID_to_unsignedInteger). If you just switched to the stable release from the daily release, your database is in between releases and this will be resolved with the next release.
[FAIL]  Database: incorrect column (pseudowires/cpwVcID)
[FAIL]  We have detected that your database schema may be wrong
        [FIX]:
        Run the following SQL statements to fix it
        SQL Statements:
         ALTER TABLE `pseudowires` CHANGE `cpwVcID` `cpwVcID` int NOT NULL ;

Anyone have any ideas ?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.