Check_Radius

Hello,

I have a Windows NPS server (Radius) that i want to monitor with LibreNMS but i’m struggling with the parameter, mostly the “config file”.

Can someone give me an example as in :slight_smile:

-H x.x.x.x. -P 1812 -u username -p password -F config_file

i can’t find the path of my config file on Windows server 2019.

Regards,

David

I assume we’re talking about this check_radius plugin?

If so, the config_file isn’t on your NPS server. It’s something that you create that lives somewhere on your LibreNMS server/poller, so your -F path will point to the location of that file.

Like that page mentions, the config is based on the radiusclient config file format, for example:

A lot of the options in that file you won’t need because you’ll use your check_radius flags instead. But you’ll notice that you have username/password options but don’t have a RADIUS key option. That’s because this would be defined in the config file by servers option, which is another file that contains RADIUS server hostname/IP and keys. So you’ll need to create that as well. For example:

I would heed the advise there about the security risk of the password. Ideally you’d have a user and rules on the NPS side that gives no access beyond getting a simple RADIUS ACCEPT for this check. Locking down access to the RADIUS key both on LibreNMS and NPS is also recommended.

Hello,

Thank a lot for your help. It all makes sense now.

I’ll follow your documents and try to make it work.

Regards,

David

1 Like