Ciena Service Aggregation Switches

I’m interested in why my Ciena service aggregation switches are not pulling the health metrics specifically dwm, power, etc. They also do not pull the switch type, software version. There is a yaml and MIBs included OOB. Out of curiosity I installed observium which gave me everything I was looking for. I really need this to work! I’ve made sure that everything is good on the verify.php and ran the ./daily.sh. Please help.

Hi @AB_Tony

Welcome to the board.

LibreNMS is a community based software. If your device does not come up, it means that nobody ever contributed it to LibreNMS.
The fastest would be that you actually do it. You probably have the highest motivation of the community if you own the device and need the support :slight_smile:
Doc pointer here : Adding a device - LibreNMS Docs

If you cannot do it yourself, you can ask for support following this procedure :

Thank you for the response. I have opened an issue on GitHub.

Hi @AB_Tony, please consider testing my PR adding additional support for Ciena switches. I have tested this with 8700 and 5170 switches. https://github.com/librenms/librenms/pull/11636

1 Like

Great Work!

I also tried to so, but failed because of time and git knowledge.

Maybe I will get it done dir SAOS 6.

That PR got merged yesterday, so if you’re on the master branch you should have it now.

Already have it!
Really good Job!

What I meant is that I can eventually do that for SAOS6 devices.
Bu first I need to get more familiar with git.

I started to look at adding the SAOS6 WWP devices. Steep learning curve with git as there is so many ways to do the same thing.
Anyway, I have 5160, 3928 and 3903 devices that I can help test with.

Maybe we can stay in contact to add saos6.

It will take some days to set up my new test environment as we are rebuilding our testlab with all our Ciena devices and have also to perform updates on all of our devices in our live network.

Thought about having the optical power Graphs in dBm instead of mW.

What do you think about?

Is dBm available in SNMP?