Cisco SLA error

We recently added IP SLA’s to our Cisco Nexus switches but librenms has difficulties discovering:
[2022-01-13T06:33:19.982929+01:00] production.ERROR: Error discovering slas module for censored. SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘tag’ cannot be null (SQL: insert into slas (deleted, sla_nr, owner, tag, rtt_type, rtt, status, opstatus, device_id) values (0, 13, , ?, echo, 4, 1, 0, 119))

Is this a bug or am I missing some configuration?
Running version:
Version [21.12.1-166-gec1793af7 - Wed Jan 12 2022 00:15:07 GMT+0100]
Database Schema 2021_11_29_165436_improve_ports_search_index (229)

Can you post the output of ./discovery.php -h HOSTNAME -d -v -m slas

Ofcourse, the output: lms slas discovery - Pastebin.com

The one that’s causing an issue is this:

rttMonEchoAdminTargetAddress.13 = "dfK
"

I’m not very well versed on Cisco SLAs but do you have an invalid target set for one of them as all the others look ok.

I’ll submit a bug fix anyway to skip over this bad data so things carry on working but you should check your config.

Thank you for your comment. It’s pretty strange because the config on the Cisco for SLA 13 is
ip sla 13
!! Name of destination
vrf wan
icmp-echo 100.102.75.10
threshold 500
timeout 1000
frequency 2
!
May be it’s a bug in the Cisco SNMP daemon. We’ll investigate the situation with Cisco.

1 Like

I don’t see a “tag” configured in your example cisco SLA config. Seems like this is what Libre is complaining about with the error message “‘tag’ cannot be null”.
Tag is supposed to be optional config in Cisco IPSLA config, so Libre should probably allow a null tag in the DB. You could try adding a tag to the ip sla config in the mean time to see if that fixes it.

We generate a tag based on other fields so this shouldn’t be an issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.