Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) Monitoring Questions/Issues

Hi all -

Not sure where to start here, so I’ll provide the facts and would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction to troubleshoot and (hopefully) resolve this. There are a few questions here - one about capabilities, one about an actual issue I’m seeing. Thanks in advance!

First - what level of detail should I expect LibreNMS to be able to pull and provide when monitoring CUCM? CUCM is a call manager, so I would hope for/expect some details on the actual calls being managed by the system. I’ve looked through the documentation and may have missed it, but I can’t find a good “for this technology, expect these details” page so I can validate if I’m seeing what I’m supposed to.

Now for the issue - I have two CUCM systems in a cluster (virtual machines). I’ve got LibreNMS pointing at both. However I’m getting different data from the two systems, even though they are (as far as I understand) similarly configured. Specifically, on one system I’m getting health data (RAM/CPU metrics), but on the other one I’m not getting that data (the UI doesn’t even show a ‘Health’ tab for that one). This same system is also not showing storage metrics. How can I troubleshoot this effectively?

Thanks again!

It’s been several years since I’ve had anything to do with CUCM at all. We had it running on an independent and dedicated VMWare ESXI host, I don’t think it was clustered however;

First, be aware that you can use LibreNMS to monitor ESXI if that’s something you’re interested in. Secondly, I’m not sure how CUCM clusters work. I’m familiar with some old cisco stuff and other clustering technology that is active/passive, in which case you’re likely not going to get the same data out of both hosts or nodes. If you’re running active/active, then there’s a problem somewhere.

I would think that the best course of action is to be certain of what kind of clustering you have happening and then run snmpwalk against both hosts.