We’ve had discussions about a client install script before, but nothing official, so I’m making a place to have a formal discussion on a client-side install to setup and config monitoring for LibreNMS clients.
Features to be implemented:
- install and configure snmp
- if flagged, install and configure check_mk
- determine if xinetd or systemd should be used for check_mk
- arguments passed to determine check_mk agents to be installed
- if flagged, install and configure collectd
- if flagged connect to the LibreNMS server and add the host, then initiate discovery and polling