Could not connect to <client IP>, please check the snmp details and snmp reachability

Hello guys,

Im new to librenms and trying to add a new host using CLI and web GUI. I can ping the server and the snmp is running fine. My libreNMS is running on AWS instance and could not add a device, saying “could not connect to , please check the snmp details and snmp reachability” ; "no reply with community . Can someone help me on this. Appreciate your help. Thanks

Where is the server that you are trying to monitor?
Sounds like you have librenms in AWS? But how is going to reach the server on the other end? VPN?

Hello Kevin, I’m just trying to monitor the server within the AWS.

Have you set up SNMP on the other server and set the community string? Confirmed the firewall is not blocking SNMP?

Hello, Yes the SMP is already installed and set all the necessary setting.

agentaddress: The IP address and port number that the agent will listen on.

By default the agent listens to any and all traffic from any

#agentaddress 127.0.0.1,[::1]
agentAddress udp:127.0.0.1:161,udp:10.10.0.175:161

###########################################################################

SECTION: Access Control Setup

This section defines who is allowed to talk to your running

snmp agent.

rocommunity community 10.10.0.186

I would use this guide https://docs.librenms.org/Support/SNMP-Configuration-Examples/#linux-snmpd-v2

Hi Kevin, I do follow this instruction on the librenms server itself. But on the client server where I would like to monitor is a different snmp configuration. Here is the guide I’m following for the client server snmp installation. https://kifarunix.com/quick-way-to-install-and-configure-snmp-on-ubuntu-20-04/

Hello, After checking all of my configuration that is all okay based on the librenms documentation and decided to restart the machine. I can now successfully add the device successfully. It’s just pretty weird :slight_smile: But happy it’s now working.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.