Daily validate config errors

Everyday, when I login and check the validate config, I will always encounter these two errors to fix:

1. I have already added daily.sh into the crontab. Why is it still showing this? How do I verify that crontab is running it?

2. How come the system keep creating files that do not have proper permission, especially for widgets I add into the dashboard?

grep CRON /var/log/* | grep librenms

maybe use zgrep instead of grep, if logrotate already compressed the logfile.

1 Like

Indeed, a good question. Why is it doing that? Why are the files generated with the (seemingly) wrong permissions?

Thanks! But too many logs showing librenms. I use daily instead of librenms as keywords and did saw it executed in the log everyday.

Look like discovery need to be added into CRON as well. Permission still an issue despite I have made the folder sticky.

btw, how do I get /etc/cron.d/librenms to run in crontab?

https://docs.librenms.org/#Installation/Installation-Ubuntu-1804-Apache/

there under “Cron Job”: as soon as You add the file(s) in the directory, it’s beeing read by cron on a minute basis;

But file librenms, is already in the directory: /etc/logrotate.d/

The entry in the “librenms”-file in

/etc/logrotate.d/

compresses the log files. The eight lines in the “librenms”-file in

/etc/cron.d/

do all the actual work of the monitoring system. They are two different files in different locations with different content, but with the same file name.

Sorry, I copied the wrong directory. librenms file is already in /etc/cron.d/, not /etc/logrotate.d/

Do You still get the discovery error?
Try running it by hand

sudo -u librenms /opt/librenms/discovery.php -d -h new

The -d gives You the debug output.
See https://docs.librenms.org/#Support/Discovery%20Support/ for further information on the topic. Right the next chapter in the documentation talks about debugging the poller.

1 Like

The output look alright.

Sorry for late answer, got drawn out of this project. Will be back in Dec.
Now: Your output looks sound to me. Any more errors concerning the discovery?

No more. :slight_smile: