Dasan Zhone Disable ONT when polling OLT

It’s a shot in the dark, but I’m wondering if anyone has experience with DZS OLTs and getting Libre to NOT poll anything relating to ONTs.

DZS OLTs, like a lot of access network gear, simply doesn’t have the CPU power to handle querying everything. I just got this from my SE.

Limit the MIBs to those that are absolutely needed: uplink interfaces, temperatures, other environmental and chassis data. Eliminate ONUs and ONTs to minimize the number of data points that are being requested each polling interval. This is actually a practice that should be considered as “normal”.

I will go through modules and turn off ones I wouldn’t need, but there isn’t one for ONUs or ONTs, so it’s not likely to make a significant impact.

I’ve been away for a while so take this advice with a pinch of salt :slight_smile: You can do this for ports by enabling per port polling, then disable the ports you don’t want. This could have the negative effect of increasing poll times so test it and observe the results.

For sensors it looks like we have code in place to skip, see this doc on how to configure: Settings - LibreNMS Docs

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.