Discovery creates new Raritan Processor Temp sensor on serial consoles

Since July 4th, we have one Raritan processor temp sensor being added at every discovery run (6 hours) for our 2 Raritan serial console devices (Dominion SX II), which currently adds up to 82 temperature sensor per device. Unfortunately, it’s not linked to the right one either as they’re all at 0°C.

I don’t know what could have changed around that time, but since we had been asked to remove automatic update for now, I figured I would check and see if this was a known issue. Looking at the forum and Github, there was only one thing I found that was recent enough and related to Raritan, but I don’t know if it could have had this type of effect.

This is the OID of the sensor that keeps being added: .1.3.6.1.4.1.13742.4.1.3.1.5.0

Doing an snmp check on that OID gives No Such Object available on this agent at this OID.

And unfortunately, from looking at the Raritan MIB file for this device, it doesn’t look like it supports any type of temperature sensor either.

Here’s the output of validate.php:

Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS  | aeedf515c5903a56f808e6c3407c9aa371574835
DB Schema | 199
PHP       | 7.0.16
MySQL     | 5.5.52-MariaDB
RRDTool   | 1.6.0
SNMP      | NET-SNMP 5.7.2
==========================================================

[WARN]  Your install is out of date, last update: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 07:27:02 +0000
[OK]    Database connection successful
[OK]    Database schema correct
[WARN]  Your local git contains modified files, this could prevent automatic updates.
Modified files:
	 includes/discovery/sensors/dbm/junos.inc.php

Thanks again!

You will need to pastebin the output of ./discovery.php -h HOSTNAME -d -m sensors

Sure, here it is:

https://pastebin.com/r6P9xNJp

I have the exact problem with a Raritan PDU. Do you want another discovery output?